Part 5.5

Zach sat in his room with copies of the same clothes Garroth wore all the time.

He sighed in relief. Mission accomplished.

With the prospect of fresh new clothes, he fell asleep on his lackluster bed.

Only to wake up to an ear-piercing screech.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! TODAY'S THE DAY! TODAY'S THE DAY!"

Groaning, he got up and lazily went over to the door. He yawned before opening it. "What is--?"

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! WE'RE GOING HOME! WE'RE GOING HOME!" Kawaii~Chan's high-pitched screams promptly interrupted what he was going to say.

"Can you just shut up for a second?!" Zach boomed, making her turn to him in surprise. For a while, he was silent. He didn't mean to sound mad. "What do you mean?"

Her grin was so wide it was unsettling. "We're going home! Today's the day we're going back."

"And that's my eardrums shattered for the first time in a while," Zane interjected. He was leaning on the railings of the stairs.

"Sorry, Zane," she said timidly.

"You have every reason to scream." Zach didn't see it, but he knew that Zane was grinning. "We're finally getting away from this place. Finally."

"We should start preparing now!"

And in a flash, both Zane and Kawaii~Chan were gone.

"You slept there?" someone behind Zach asked.

He felt chills go up his spine. He turned and saw Lucinda with her arms crossed.

She smirked. "You may be safe now. But once we get back there, there may be nowhere you can go. You might wanna start proving your worth."

Then, she turned and walked away.

Seriously? he thought. Out of all people, she's the one who shows the most vendetta against me.

-

Aphmau woke up after a shrill scream shattered her dreams. Not that she wanted it to last, though.

She sat up and looked around. Somehow, Aaron moved back to his bed. The room was darker and what's outside the window seemed grayer and whiter.

She couldn't do anything. So, she just waited for someone to open the door.

-

"We finally going back, yo!" Sylvana chided to Zianna. "I can finally see what Beyonce's been up to. The signal here's absolute trash. It can't play my concerts right! Are you excited too?"

She mustered a smile. "Yeah." Then, she looked down as she folded her clothes out of the closet.

Sylvana frowned. "What's wrong? Is it Garte again?"

Zianna tried not to cry. "Y--yes. It's. . .it's terrible! What must he be going through right now. . ."

She remembered what Zach said. She snorted at the thought of him. "Don't worry. My ex will find him. If he doesn't, well. . .my chancla will do him good."

"I hope she does," she sniffled. "I just want him back."

-

"Can you believe it?" Travis told Katelyn. "We're finally going home!"

She smiled. "We can finally rest." Though, she knew deep down that it was still far from resting time. Her family needed help.

"I know!" He was grinning ear to ear. "I wonder how Dante and Laurance are doing. . ."