Part 3.1

Aphmau found herself sitting down in an unknown house and looking at a cup of coffee in front of her. The aroma made her nose itch.

She looked down and realized she wasn't on her wheelchair. Her legs were fixed. In horror, she touched herself all throughout her body. She felt. . .different.

What was happening?!

She looked in front of her and found a figure standing by a kitchen. She could hear the faint sizzle of oil on a frying pan.

"Hello, my love," he said. "Would you like some breakfast?"

Aphmau didn't know how to respond.

Then in the midst of silence, he laughed. "Don't worry about it, Aphmau. That's why I'm cooking for you. I know you're hungry. You don't need to say it."

She shifted uncomfortably. She couldn't get a good read on who he was, but that voice. . .it was familiar. . .

The sizzling stopped. The figure opened a cupboard and took out two plates. He lifted the pan and used a spoon to move whatever was cooking to the plates. She could hear the clinks even from her place.

He stopped moving. "I know exactly how you feel, Aphmau darling. You must be surprised. So am I."

She saw him reach for a knife. Her heart skipped a beat. She tried to escape but somehow she was frozen in place.

The figure turned and she saw Ein's heartless eyes. Scars decorated his face. He advanced slowly, gripping the handle of the blade on his left hand.

"E—Ein—please don't do this—" she began.

"I've always wanted you to be mine," he seethed. "But noooooo, you go for that idiot, Aaron. He's a monster, just like me. But I'm a better monster than him."

Suddenly, Aaron appeared out of nowhere. He had scars all over his body. His blank eyes indicated his blindness. Aphmau choked on her tears.

"See?" Ein pounded on the table and pointed at him. "Look at him! He doesn't know you anymore! Why do you always try and try and try to fix him when he's already too broken?!"

He turned back to her and smiled. "But me? I can help you. I have a few friends who could help me fix you and then we can be together forever."

"No!" she screamed, mustering all her courage. "You are the monster in this story, Ein! I don't want to be with you!"

He was taken aback. Then he stabbed her on the stomach. She gasped. Aphmau looked down and saw her blouse stained with blood. She looked up at Ein's face, grinning devilishly.

"Then perish," he whispered to her. She could feel his breath brush on her face.

He lifted his right hand, curled it to a fist, and brought it to her eyes.

Aphmau gasped awake, breathing heavily. She sat up. She touched her stomach and felt no knife lodged into it.

She looked around her room. It was dark, but thankfully the moonlight from the window lit some of the room. A glint of light landed on the handles of her wheelchair.

She turned to her right and saw Aaron sitting on the edge of his bed, staring at the window. He wore a gray shirt. Light shined on his scars on his arms. She knew what they were.

Void scars.

Aphmau didn't know how he got to a different dimension, but that wasn't the point. To her, it had a different meaning.