Part 2.3

"Hey Aphmau!" Travis' ecstatic tone made her smile weakly. "Are you ready to go home?"

She didn't answer as Toby wheeled her in the ship. "Alright," he said to the both of them. "I'll bring you there myself. Hang on."

Toby started up the ship. They took off from Starlight to somewhere Aphmau dreaded and wanted.

Home.

Aaron adjusted the blindfold. Some part of it was it itching. He stood there for a few seconds before he took out the blindfold and looked at the mirror.

His eyes were red. He blinked.

They were gone.

He looked confused. What just happened?

"Hey!" Melissa scolded from behind the front door. "You've been there for too long! Come on! They're coming."

"I'm coming!" he exclaimed, still maintaining contact with his mirror self. Aaron slowly put the blindfold back on.

Ultima.

"Zian-na!" Sylvana exclaimed. "My mija is coming home! Eeeek!"

Zianna just smiled. "I can't wait! But. . .I'm also  worried about Garte." Her mood changed all of a sudden. The room became sadder, colder.

"Don't worry about him." Aphmau's mom patted her on the back. "I'm sure he'll turn up when the time comes."

"I just hope he isn't dead!" she wailed.

"Why do you think like that, yo? Was it because of that. . .boy?! I swear, if we meet him again, I'll make him feel my chancla!"

She sniffled. "Thanks. . .yo."

"Now, we have to finish making the food!" She began chopping the jalapeño. "My mija is coming and I must give her my best tacos!"

They worked like a team, going back and forth in the kitchen and whipping up dishes.

Zane sat on the stairs of the porch. He looked at the sea, lost in thought. The sky was light blue with the occasional wispy clouds. The sea shimmered beneath.

He heard the door behind him open then some footsteps.

"What are you doing here baby brother?" came Garroth's scratchy voice. He sat down beside him.

The same question would had annoyed Zane years ago didn't faze him this time. "Just staring at the sea."

"Waiting for Aphmau?" Garroth's snicker now angered him.

"Why of all questions..!" Zane exclaimed.

His grin melted into concern. "You okay, Zane?"

"I was a few minutes ago!" he raved angrily. Then he stood up and went back to the house. Garroth sat there, frozen.

He took one last look at the sea before he went in and tried to catch up to his baby brother.

Lucinda and Katelyn tended to the garden near the back porch. It was a nice getaway from the things that had happened.