Part 6.4

Aphmau found herself in a school. In fact, it was the same school where she had a dream about. . .

She bit her lip. Then, she turned around and saw that there were a lot of students in the halls. The boys were dressed in blue suits and pants with the Phoenix High emblem. The girls were dressed in a white top and a dark blue skirt, still with the same logo.

She watched the several students interact with each other. It reminded her of simpler times, when everything was much easier. . .

The bell rang, interrupting her thoughts. Like clockwork, the students abandoned what they were doing and rushed to their classes. It didn't take long for the entire school to be silent again.

Well, except for three familiar figures, who stood out from the rest. Because the tallest one had blue hair, the average one pink hair, and the shortest one had black hair.

"Come on, we're gonna be late!" Kawaii~Chan exclaimed.

Katelyn snickered. "Because Aphmau"--she glared at her--"wouldn't stop staring at a certain someone--"

Aphmau--the Aphmau in high school--was blushing. "C--come on guys! You were staring too!"

Katelyn coughed and looked away. "Uh, no I wasn't! We were waiting for you but you wouldn't stop gawking!"

"I was looking because it was love at first sight for Aphmau!"

"Let's go, now! Or we're going to be turned into dogs for witchcraft class!"

Giggling, they picked up the pace and disappeared from view. 

Aphmau could only turn away and sigh, but after that, she felt the urge to return to the music room.

As if in a trance, she followed her steps from memory, until she stood in front of the illustrious door that changed her life. As usual, she could hear the intricate plucking of the guitar, weaving itself into a masterpiece.

"Are you there?" she said, her voice shaking.

The person behind the door responded in kind with more music.

"I. . ." she began, but she couldn't get the words out of her mouth.

The music surrounded her, lulling her to step forward and open the door. Or was it just her?

"I want to talk to. . .you," she continued. Just more music. "Maybe if you can stop playing then. . ."

She waited for his response, but there was nothing but the soothing song.

"That's it," she mumbled to herself. She grabbed the handle and opened the door, expecting a guy with a guitar to tumble out.

But instead, she was pushed in by an invisible force. . .

. . .into a white room.

She turned behind her and saw that the door back to reality disappeared. She began to panic. Her chest swelled like a balloon then shrunk to a shriveled fruit.

"No, no, no, this can't be happening. Not now!" Aphmau looked around. "This is the realm he was in. . ."

She felt chills down her spine, even if it wasn't cold.

Then, at the corner of her eye, she saw a hoodie figure, covered in white but draping with pink and gold. Her back was turned, but Aphmau recognized her when she pulled down the hood and turned to face her.

"Are you confused?" said the soft voice of Irene, the goddess. Her voice was loud for someone standing very far from Aphmau.

She smiled warmly at her. "That's all right. I know you'll wake up soon. I just want you to understand that--"