Part 7.2

When night fell all over the town, the only things that illuminated Zane and Kawaii~Chan's house were the mood lights and the living room TV. He was making popcorn in the microwave, while she was picking out a movie to watch.

"It's a miracle that everything still works," he mumbled. The microwave dinged and he took out the popcorn bag and poured it to a bowl.

He took it to the table and sat down on the couch. He turned to her. "Have you decided on a movie yet?"

"I found a movie we can binge," she told him. "It's called Purrsina and The Magical Pussycat. It's about a girl named Purrsina whose ambition is to find the legendary Magical Pussycat." She hovered over the movie tile, revealing bright pink colors.

"What a nightmare," he muttered nonchalantly. Sometimes, he forgot that she was still crazy for vibrant colors.

"Exactly." She grinned. "Let's watch it!"

Before he could protest, she started the movie. Zane tried to look away, but she forced him to look at the hot pink cars, pastel houses, smiling suns, and so much more rainbow horrors. He had to squint hid eyes to even focus on Purrsina the protagonist.

Around halfway through the movie, Purrsina stopped at a cafe run by cats to meet an informant who had a tip about the Magical Pussycat. That scene reminded Zane of something.

"The cat cafe!" he exclaimed, almost enthusiastically.

Kawaii~Chan was caught off guard. "That's what it is. Why are you saying it out loud?"

"Because we have one in real life!" He fought for the remote controller and paused the movie. "We have to check out what happened to it."

Then, she finally understood. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" She gasped. "I remember now! We had a cafe too!"

Zane massaged his nose bridge in frustration. "Yes, that is what I said."

"We should check out what happened to it!"

He whimpered, "That's also what I just said."

-

Lucinda and Kim had to take a walk outside, after that embarrassing ordeal. Ivan needed a few days to prepare for the long trip they were going to have.

"I can't believe he was your ex!" Kim exclaimed, surprise written all over her face.

"You were literally there," Lucinda answered, with a hint of scorn. "But I can't believe that I have to put up with his ugly, stupid-faced. . .ugh!"

She stomped on the ground in frustration.

Kim stopped and faced her. "What happened between the two of you anyway?"

Lucinda blushed tomato red. "Well. . ."

It only took one look at her face to understand. "Oh, I see. I'll just. . .not bring that up."

A few beats of silence pass as they continued walking.

"A--anyway," Kim said. "What are you going to do?"

"You mean, aside from murdering him after the trip?" she replied without missing a beat. "I'm going to need some muscle. Just in case he is still incompetent as ever."

"What do you mean?"

"He's not exactly the boy of any girl's dream." She stopped in front of a house and went for the doorbell.

As expected, Katelyn was the one on the door. She was in neon-colored gym clothes and drenched in sweat. She took out her earphones and greeted us with a smile. "Lucinda and Kim! Hello! What's up?"

"I need your help," Lucinda said. "Can we come inside?"

Minutes later, they were sitting down on the living room. Kim was on one couch, while Lucinda and Katelyn were across the other. They practically inhaled the nachos set on the table.

"Where's Travis? I thought he was going to live with you," Kim began.

"Oh, he's with Dante," Katelyn answered. "I don't know what they're up to, but it probably has to do with his self-insert show."

Lucinda's eyes widened. "His what?" Then, she shook her head. "That's not what I'm here for! Katelyn, I just met Ivan."

"Huh?! How?!"

Kim listened in as she told Katelyn what went down.

"I need some backup," Lucinda finished. "Just in case Ivan pulls off anything shady. The last time he was here, his pranks were just kittens, puppies, and babies. But maybe being with him alone would give him an opportunity."

She nodded. "This is for you to get your magic back?"

"Yes." She huffed. "As much as I hate him, if he has a way for me to regain my magic, then I don't have any other choice. I'll have to trust him on that."

"I'll help then." She cracked her fists. "I always wanted to punch his cheeky little smile."

Lucinda grinned. "Great. We'll wait on his word."

-

Melissa placed some of Aaron's folded clothes in the baggage. He was laying on the bed, along with the travel essentials scattered there.

She stopped for a second to look at Aaron, who wasn't sleeping unlike what he told her. She sighed. "Is there something on your mind, Aaron?"

"N--nothing." He hesitated.

She raised an eyebrow. Then, she placed her hand on his. She felt his rough, scarred skin. He had a lot of struggles, both inside and out. "You can tell me anything if you have problems, remember? I'm your older sister."

He shifted uncomfortably on his bed. "It's really nothing."

Melissa wished he could see her longing eyes in hopes that he would change his mind, but alas, she just continued packing instead.

After a few minutes, he asked, "Where are we going anyway?"

She became wistful at the very thought of their destination. "We're going back to our home. Aside from the paperwork you have to sign, I think it would be nice to. . .get to know what your life was like. . .again."

He was silent for a while. "What's it like?"

Melissa was about to answer when she stopped herself.

"You can't tell me, can you?"

"No. Your life. . .it's what anyone else would want, but it's not exactly what it seemed."

"That sounds awful. Why would anyone would want to live that?"

A small lump of ice formed in her throat. "You'll understand when you get there."

She was about to finish packing when she now held the red cloth on her hands. She sighed deeply, reminiscing about the past. It carried so much love, so much history.

"Hey, why aren't you using the blindfold anymore?" she asked him.

"I never really understood what it was for," he answered.

And now it's back to the beginning, just an ordinary piece of red cloth.

"Why do I need something to cover my eyes when I'm already blind?"

Without missing a beat, she replied, "Maybe it's for your matching eye color."

His eyebrow furrowed. "What?"

"Keep trying to remember who you are, Aaron." She gave him an encouraging look, even if he couldn't see it. "You're doing great."