22

Christmas Eve. 

Kim Dan Bi have always love Christmas, she loves playing in the snow and spending time at the ice rink whenever her parents would take her out. But I guess some things change when you grow up. Christmas to her seems to be-- dull now. She couldn't relate to the people she sees smiling and laughing at each other at the streets. She used to be one of them, she doesn't know what happened now.

" Here you go " The lady beamed handing her the box with an ice cream cake inside. " Have a great Christmas eve "

" oh " She awkwardly trailed before giving a polite bow " You too. Thank you "

Stepping outside of the bakery, her nose scrunched when the cold air hit her cheeks. Snuggling closer to the scarf she have around her neck, she shivered and started to make her way back. Her phone later on buzzed and there she saw her mother texting her to make it quick and how the dinner is about to start. 

She was actually surprised when her mother told her earlier that the Park's will be coming over. Well it isn't something new since she already spent holidays with them last new years' eve--- with Jay, Sunghoon and well you know whose family. Spending holidays together isn't something that each family finds awkward since they've all been close for years. 

She glanced at the kids who are all at the other side of the street, all jumping in joy as they stood in front of a toy shop. She couldn't help but shake her head at them and whisper to herself. " When you get older, christmas won't be fun anymore. "

If only she could sleep off the dinner and not attend but her mother had enough of her moping and sulking around. It's been months and to tell you, it's starting to annoy her mother. She wouldn't eat at the right time, she would skip meals, she'd stay out all night dancing and writing lyrics and would reply ' i don't know ' to her all the time. Don't get her wrong, she understand why Dan Bi's acting that way but if she won't pull herself together now then when will she? Dan Bi just can't keep this going, at some point, she have to pull herself back together and just move on.

She tried suggesting Dan Bi to try dating apps but Dan Bi would only look at her as if she's crazy and shrug her off. She honestly don't know what to do with her daughter anymore. All that she's hoping is that Dan Bi will come to her senses and put her life back in track.

" I have the cake now " Dan Bi calls out once she steps inside their house, she froze when she felt someone's arm wrap around her. Looking down she relaxed when she realized that it's only Ye Ji. " Hi "

Ye Ji grinned at her and giggled. " Why are you so frowny? It's christmas eve, you love christmas eve "

Dan Bi only lets out a tired chuckle and shook her head at the kid before heading towards the kitchen where she found the rest.