7. Phone call

Monday
Kamara's pov:

"Whew" I plopped down on the bed exhausted. It's been a long day. I ran some errands and met up with Kerri at a restaurant.

Apparently Dontae's taking her to meet his parents at St.Ann Friday.

you cya relate.

Kmtooth. Mi time soon come....hopefully

We ended up going back to her place and chilled. It was going on 6:30 when I decided to leave. She offered to drive me home but I told her I wanted to go to the grocery store to buy some things.

Mi neva see a line suh long yet. Mi end up affi tek taxi because har man did a call down her phone suh she decide fi leave.

I got up off the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I took a shower and did my normal night routine before settling on the bed again.

I opened my laptop and the first thing I did was check my emails. I'm supposed to go look at the house thursday at 12.

I got up and made my way to my parents bedroom. I knocked on the door and waited a little before my dad opened the door.

"Hello parents" I smiled walking in

"Wah u want" they said in sync

Suh mi affi want something...?

"Mi nuh want nothing" I laughed

"Hmmmm oh wah u seh now baby?" My mother asked

I sat on the edge of their bed "Mi jus a come tell unu seh the realtor seh mi can come look pon the house thursday"

"Oh I'm so proud of you Kam" my dad says hugging me.

I smiled "Thanks"

"So you see like a preview on the site or whatever yuh call it?" my mother asks

"Ye man but it better to see it in person you know" I said

"Ok well mi proud a you to keep it up, cya belief seh yuh a big ooman." She sighs

We continued to talk for a while until I told them goodnight. I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge and took out the jar of pickles I bought today.

(pickles are sooooo good yall :). mmmm mmm mmmmm the flavors are melting on my tongueee😂)

I went back in my room and got comfortable in my bed went on insta and started eating the pickles. A couple minutes later my phone rang. I answered without sparing a glance at the caller ID.

"Hello" I answered

"Hello Kamara" the person answered. I took the phone from my ears and looked at he called ID. It was Shane.

I never took the time to listen to his voice at the party. Its so deep yet calm and melodic. Its music to my ears. He's definitely matured alot because the last time if I remember correctly his voice was high pitched.

"Kam?" His voice brought me out my daze. I brought the phone back to my ear and answered.

"Yes.....yep yes this is me. I mean she this is she." I mentally scolded myself for acting like that.

Skin catch a fire ya now

He chuckled. "I know, I called you after all"

Cocky much

Jus seh u embarrassed an done😂 my subconscious remarks

I face palmed before answering.

"Yea...." I paused a little making the silence awkward. I mean can u blame me? I'm on the phone with my childhood best friend who was once a little skinny boy but is now a tall, handsome, brown skinned male that anybody would dream of.

"How are you?" he asked

"I'm good how are you?" I replied continuing to eat my pickles

"I'm good, what are you doing?" He asked

"I'm eating pickles and I was scrolling through Instagram before you called." I answered

"Pickles? Dem sumn deh taste sour like" he said

"Don't do thattt" I dragged

He chuckled. The conversation flowed fluently after that so we continued talking until we both fell asleep.
........................
Short chapter :)
Goodie get phone call😢

remember to vote<3

SPREAD THE LOVE NOT HATE💕