61. Moments like these...

Kam's pov:

Time goes by fast when you're pregnant. One minute you just found out and the next you're  belly gets larger.

I hit 5 months yesterday and I'm stoked!

The doctor told us that around this time we should start feeling slight movemnts or even kicks from the baby.

We could've also found out the gender yesterday but I want a gender reveal so Shane thought it would be best to take Kerri with us so she could collect the envelope.

Knowing her she probably start plan already...ofc with the help of our parents.

Though I wanted a boy at first Im leaning more to the girl's side.

With shane talking to 'her' at nights when he thinks I'm sleeping it makes my heart melt.

I know he's going to be a good father.

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

Shane already at work so I'm here by myself.

Im thinking of inviting Kerri over but I decide against it. Instead I took up my phone to call my parents.

Mi nuh hear from dem since week.

My father answered the faceTime shortly after.

"Yes mi daughter"

I smiled "whats up daddy what yuh doing?"

"Nothing enuh- wait- hold on see yuh nuff mother a come fi di phone" he kissed his teeth the same time my mother shoved her face all up in the camera.

"Wah gwan mi baby" she cheesed

I laughed. "Nothing"

"Oh...not u" she stared at me blankly with her lips pressed in a thin line.

I squinted my eyes then turned the camera to my belly.

She starts talking as if the baby is hearing or even understands.

"Yes mi baby an when u come u gone spend nuff time with me" my mother says in a baby voice.

As I was about to turn the camera back to myself I felt a little nudge in my stomach.

I paused at looked down.

"Mummy, yuh see dat a while aguh" I asked with my eyes wide.

"Mi pusskitten it kick" I hear my father say.

"My grandbaby love mi off already" my mother boast with a smirk on her face.

I laughed and rubbed my belly to see if I would feel it again but sadly I didn't.

"U eat anything yet?" My mother asked

"No but im about to, me just nuh too long wake up"

She nodded.

We continued talking till I ended the call.

I came out of bed and stretched. I held my belly and walked into the bathroom.

Mrs.Jackie is here today so I'm guessing that she already prepared breakfast. I relieved myself then did my morning routine. After that I went downstairs and just as I had thought Mrs.Jackie was finishing up breakfast.

"Good morning" I smiled and went around the island to give her a side hug.

She kissed me on my cheek "Morning hunny, come sit and stop move round so much and eat" she ushered me to the nearest seat.

I shook my head and laughed.

Every body just over protective suh! Like seh mi aguh burst. I'm not even that big for Christ sake!