62. Mood Swings

Kam's pov:

Shane left the parish earlier to check on one of his new projects that he's working on and won't be back until tomorrow.

I've been asking for the past week what the project is about but the only thing he said was that he'll take me to see it soon.

Today I'm going to visit my parents since I haven't in a while.

I quickly got ready in something simple
Leggings and one of Shane's t-shirts.

I went downstairs and grabbed my thermos from the kitchen counter that was filled with mint tea.

I gave Mrs.Jackie a quick kiss on her cheek. "Drive safe mi dear" she called out after me.

I smiled and took up the range car key then headed out.

Soon I was at my parents gate. I parked the car then took out my belongings. I walked up to the front door and used my key to open it.

"Parents!" I shouted and walked into the living room. I plopped down on the couch and waited for them.

My mother walked in. "Weh daddy?" I asked.

"Him gone out wid him friend." She sat beside me and gave me a quick hug before she lifted my shirt.

"Then daddy did have fren?" I laughed

"Yes sah. A wah day we guh out we meet wah next couple" she laughed and rubbed my belly.

"Suh how the baby not kicking?" She asked.

"Mi seh! Not even mi the baby nuh kick for. Only him dry head daddy" I shook my head.

My mother laughed. "A suh e guh. First born dem always love dem father."

"So......" I trailed off and looked at her.

"So what?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Yuh nah give mi a likkle clue as to what gender my baby is?" I smiled at her sweetly.

She shoved my shoulder. "Move man yuh cya wait till next week?" She shook her head.

"Noooooooo" I dragged out "By the way u have no ice or lime ina the fride?" I stood up.

"Cravings?" She skin har face up.

I laughed and nodded.

She stood up and I followed her to the kitchen. I sat on a stool and waited patienly as she took the ice and lime out of the fridge and placed them infront of me.

I smiled. "Get mi a bowl and spoon too please mommy"

She went for the items then came and sit beside me.

I emptied the ice tray into the bowl then squeezed the lime on it.

My mother raised her eyebrows at me "Why u neva jus mek mi mek some limeade or lemonade"

I shook my head "Mi like the crunch" I put a spoonful of my creation in my mouth and smiled at the taste.

A couple hours later we were back in the kitchen making dinner. "When is your due date?" My mother asked while chopping uo the vegetables to throw in the pot of curry.

"The 15th of june" approximately 4 months from now.

"Mi cant wait fi spoil mi grandbaby"

I smiled at that and we continued cooking.

Sometimes after daddy came home. We all sat together like old times and ate dinner while occasionally cracking jokes.

Soon it was time for me to leave. Mi nuh wah stay pon e road too late. I was going to visit Kerri after I left here but I'll just do it tomorrow since its already to 7 and and 20min drive from here to her house and another 20 from her house to mine and Shane's.

"Alright mi one daughter drive safe ya now and mek we know when u reach up" my father hugs me tightly.

My mother agreed "Mhm and tek care a we baby. Tell Shane we say hi to"

I hugged her then went into the car. They waited until I pulled off to vlose the door.

On my way back home Shane called me. I answered the call while focusing on the road.

"Yes babe" I answered.

"Mi just a call fi check up pon yuh-"

"Suh yuh jus a call now when a night? U neva have time fi call mi earlier? Mi shoulda deh damn sleep" I snapped and kissed my teeth.

He released a breath "Just relax yuhself. Mi been busy wull day"

Muss wid other woman.

Not even a likkle text him couldn't send

"A drive yah drive?"

I hummed.

"Weh yah come back from suh late?"

"Sir yh nuh have no right fi a question me right now. Weh u did deh all day mek u couldnt evn send mi a likkle text. From mawning yuh gone n mi nuh hear from u"

"Hear wah mah mek yuh cool off yzm"

I rolled my eyes and hung up the call.

Me??? Cool off? Kmt

Mi nuh need fi cool off.

I pulled up to the driveway shortly after and immediately went up to the room. I texted my parents to let them know that I was home and safe.

I stripped from my clothes then walked into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower then dragged on one of Shanes T-Shirt.

As much as mi nuh wah talk to him right now him things dem confortable. Mi cya mek dem tan ina di draw an nuh get worn.

I plopped down on the bed the same time Shane faceTime me

I smiled and answered.

His phone was propped up on a pillow and he was leaning back on the headboard.

"Yuh cool off now?" He asked and took up the remote from the nightstand.

I sighed and nodded. "Sorry" I mumbled and loooked away from the camera.

"Hey-" I looked back to him. "Yuh nuh need fi a appologize. Mi understand how u feel cuz mi neva text yuh but mi did have mi phone pon silent plus mi did ina wah meeting. Mi did really busy today a try sort out thing"

"Yea mi understand dat to mi jus-" I sniffled and hid my face in a pillow.

"Kam stop e crying" I heard him say.

I shook my head and buried my face more into the pillow.

I raised up my head after about a minute and brought the camera to my face.

"Yuh done bawl?" he asked.

I nodded and wiped my face.

"Mek mi see yuh"

"What?" I asked

"Mek mi see yuh" he repeated.

Suh him nah see mi?

"Yuh wifi nah work? Yuh nah see mi big ole farrid in the camera?"

He shook his head and facepalmed.

"Kam mek mi see yuh pussy" he stated

"Mi nuh shave from when because of your baby" I sighed and sat up in the bed.

"Mi a likkle pickney? Mek mi see mi bush" he mumbled.

I shook my head with a smile before propping up the phone on a pillow then got undressed.
.............

Didn't know what to name this chapter enuh