48. Work

Mi frighten when as mi post di last chapter a bay notification a come in pon mi phone😭😭 unu reach quick eeee

Shanes pov:

"Boss he wants a meeting no later than next week" Terrell said to me on the phone.

"I'm only available in the next 2 weeks. Let him know that. He either waits or the deal is called off."

"Yes boss" he said and I ended the call

Mr. Rowland.....

The father of my annoying receptionist.

Him cya wait?

When mi did guh over deh wah day him did busy deh club n all sorta sumn but now when mi come bk down fi enjoy a peaceful life him a come torment mi soul.

Look how long we coulda guh over paper work and stuff fi seal the deal.

Mi sure know seh even if mi neva call him, him chatty mouth daughter woulda tell him seh mi did present either way.

I hissed my teeth nastily.

Lets be real here.....If he decides to back out of the deal then I wouldn't loose much.

and I would get rid of his daughter.

He doesn't call the shots around here...I do.

He was the one that came to me personally looking for a deal to help his company grow.

If him wah gwan him can gwan enuh cuz a him go deh lose out pon a big opportunity. An me nah guh ova deh till 2 weeks time...

...as I said before.

He has no other choice but to wait.

I continued going through files on my desk while sipping on a glass of Henny.

Kam isn't here right now since she decided to visit her parents. I would've went with her if I didn't have so much things to do.

Is like mi cya get no break.

Her birthday is coming up in 3 weeks and I have something exciting planned.

She deserves everything good that's coming her way.

She made me the man I am today. She motivates me each day to work harder not only for myself but for her aswell. Its my job to protect her and make sure she's good at all times.

Mi will spend any money pon har cuz she simply deserves it.

I pulled out the small blue box from my drawer.

She must like dis.

I sighed and placed it back inside the drawer.

Words cant explain how nervous I am now.
...........

Mrs. Jackie walked into my office with a tray of food.

I threw my splif of the ash tray

"Here-" she paused "yuh did a smoke?" She asked and placed the tray of food before me.

"Ye" I answered.

One rass slap mi get.

I winced and rubbed my head.

"Yuh dont eat from mawning an u in here smoking. A after 5 now enuh"

"Mi did a work"

She rolled her eyes. "Eat the food man" she said and walked out.

Look like a 3 people birth me.

Me mother.....

Mrs jackie....

An kam.

Wull a dem a di same thing.

I finished up in my office and it was after 6. I walked to the bedroom and saw kam laying down on her phone.

I walked up to her then slapped her on her butt to make my presence known

She winced and rubbed the spot.

"A when u reach?" I asked and pulled her to me

"Nuh too long now, like 30mins ago" she responded and draped her hands around my neck.

I gave her a quick kiss "mek u neva come look for me?" I asked

"U were working and I didnt want to disturb u. By the way Mrs. Jackie seh to tell u dat she gone"

"Aii" I said

She nodded "Mi wah talk to u bout sumn..." she trailed off.

"Ok mi aguh bathe and come bk" I responded

I took up my towel and a pair of underpants then went into the bathroom.

After I finished showering I walked out of the bathroom then sat at the adge of the bed.

I pulled Kam on my lap to where she was straddling me.

"Wah yah seh now?" I asked

"Well...mi a think bout working again." She stated.

I stared at her with my face scrunched up.

A wonder if mi nah hear right.....
.................

Feel like fi bless unu todeh😭 mah guh jus drop dis now n drop a nxt one later again😉

<3