10. Online Shopping

Thursday
Kamara's pov:

Shane just drove off. I walked towards the front door. I shuffled through my bag until I got the key out to opened the door.

"Mummy!" I shouted walking through the door. I took of my slippers and walked further into the house. I heard the sound of a tv so I walked towards the living room seeing my parents huddled up on the couch watching a TVJ.

"Your favorite daughter is here!" I sang plopping down on them

"Get yuh heavy self off a mi, and your our only daughter" My mom says sitting up.

I laughed and sat between them "How u change deh station ya? The part a news weh we wah watch done nuh too long and the remote nah work" my father says

"It a work u jus nuh know wah fi do" I said taking the remote changing the station to a movie

"Thanks" he says kissing me on the cheek

"A weh u did deh all this time? A suh long it tek fi look pon a likkle apartment?" My father asks again

"Mhm" my mom counters turning her attention to me

I laughed "I was with a friend and we chilled for a while after I went to look at the house."

"The same friend wah come fi u today?" My mother asks

I ignored them standing up and taking up my bag "Ok y'all goodnight I'm going to go take a shower and get ready for bed" I kissed them on the cheek and went to my room.

I placed my bag where I took it up this morning. I immediately took up my towel and went to the bathroom. I used the toilet then brushed my teeth. Right after, I took a shower.

15 minutes later I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around myself.

I walked back to my room just in time to hear my phone ringing. I picked it up seeing it was a facetime. I smiled seeing who it was. I answered the phone and waited for it to connect.

"Hey" I said holding the phone close to my face

"Why the phone deh suh close to yuh face?" He asks. It looks like he's in his room.

"I just got out the shower" I said placing the phone on the bed and walking to my dresser for an oversized t-shirt.

"I just got out the shower" I heard him try to mock me

I let out a big loud laugh "Mi nuh sound suh" I said putting on some deodorant and pulling the shirt over my body. I walked back to the bed and got my laptop. I took up my phone to hear him say

"-doing?"

"Sorry yuh can repeat that please" I said opening my laptop sitting on the bed. I perched the phone on some pillows.

"I asked what u doing" he said

"Oh, I'm just looking for some furniture online that would cost less overseas. Just some simple stuff though"  I said taking my attention from my laptop to my phone seeing him staring at me.

I smiled

"Stop look pon mi suh" I said hiding my face

"How mi a look pon u?" I heard him ask

"Mi nuh know but stop" I said looking back at him

He chuckled "Ok". We continued talking on the phone until I decided to go to sleep.
....................
Friday (the next morning)

"Morning" I heard my mom say coming into the kitchen. I decided to make breakfast.

"Morning" I responded.