*3*

The Monday after the party at McKay's, the summer had ended and East Highland high school's halls were filled with teenagers again.

Liz lazily slumped to her locker and filled it with some books with a loud sigh.

"Liz hates school. She thinks it's a waste of time to hear old people talk about shit she's already heard a thousand times over and over again. Her grades were good, but not by paying any attention in class but simply by knowing common knowledge. No matter how much she hated the atmosphere of gossiping girls in the bathroom, dumb jocks showing off in the cafeteria and Jeffrey Gordon picking his nose during every single History class, Liz attended school almost every day. Mostly so her aunt won't stab her to death or her sister following her actions, but still, she was there."

"Hey Liz."
The blonde turned away from the inside of her locker to see who was talking to her. Lexi Howard was smiling gently at her while placing her books in the locker next to her.

"Liz likes Lexi. Like she actually enjoys talking to her and is one of the few people she can actually get along with.
They met back in middle school when Lexi noticed the new face and welcomed her with open arms. At first she was sure Liz hated her cause they hardly ever talked and she always seemed annoyed whenever Lexi to her about her day.
Until one day when Lexi had decided to leave her alone, which caused Liz to admit that she missed her presence while walking to class.
Ever since then Lexi was Liz' favorite person in school."

"Oh hi Lexi."

"How was your summer?"
The brunette asked while slamming her locker shut and walking to her class alongside Liz.

"It was alright."
Liz shrugged before turning her gaze to Lexi, wondering if their schedules lined up like they usually did.
"Drama?"

"Yup."
Lexi smiled, both girls heading to the classroom in a comfortable silence.

When the two arrived they spotted Rue already seated on the floor. She wore a oversized red hoodie, covering her face with the hood while tiredly staring in front of her.

"Hey Rue, everything okay?"
Lexi sat down next to her childhood friend and looked at her concerned.

Liz followed after Lexi and sat down beside her, watching as Rue convinced Lexi she was fine. She knew better than that.

"So, let's start with a little improvisation."
The teacher spoke up, making everyone's attention turn away to whatever they were previously doing.
"I'd like each of you to get up and tell a five minute story about your summer."

Liz felt like someone had stabbed her in the stomach right then and there. Anxiety filled over her body at the thought of filling five whole minutes with talking about herself. Hell she couldn't even do that to one person, let alone an entire classroom filled with judging teenagers.

Rue seemed to feel even more anxious then Liz did. She curled up in a ball, muttering something about not wanting to do it.
Liz felt bad for Rue, everyone knew she overdosed during the break, but that didn't make it any easier for her to casually talk about what she went trough.

"Looks like we have our first volunteer; Rue."
The teacher pointed to the anxious girl who looked up in fear.

"Please don't do this to me."
Rue muttered into her knees.

"Come on everyone, let's give Rue a little encouragement."
The teacher started clapping, the class awkwardly following up after her.

Rue stood up with a loud sigh and walked to the stage. As soon as she entered the teacher decided to make it even worse for the poor girl and switched the light so that the whole room was dark but Rue, who anxiously looked into the bright light.

"So uhm, a m-memory?"
The curly haired girl asked shyly.

"Anything that had an impact on you this summer."
The teacher answered, causing both Lexi and Liz to glare at each other anxiously, obviously knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"Oh, Uh I, uhm I can't think of anything."
Rue replied, stress taking over her body.

"Just relax your body."
The woman replied, earning an annoyed groan from Liz, couldn't she tell the girl was extremely uncomfortable?

After multiple minutes of struggling with her nerves, Rue was having a full on mental breakdown on stage. All Liz wanted was to help her, but she didn't know how.

"Honestly, I think it's brain damage."
Some girl whispered from the back of the class. Liz looked at the girl in shock and was about to say something but Lexi got ahead of her.
"You're being fucking rude."
She cussed.

Liz turned her attention back to Rue, watching the girl bursting out the room. Lexi quickly got up and ran after her friend, leaving Liz in the theater. She was trying to decide for herself whether she should follow after them or not, but eventually decided that it was too personal to interfere with the girl's private problems.

After the hectic drama class, Liz enjoyed her lunch at her favorite spot in the cafeteria, all the way in the corner.
With soft rock music blasting trough her headphones, she got interrupted by an unfamiliar person sitting down in front of her.
The girl had blonde hair with pink details and her make up was perfectly done.

"Hi, I'm Jules."
The girl held out her hand in front of Liz, who ignored her gesture.

"You're the girl who cut herself."
Liz studied Jules' face, earning a confused look.

"Good observation."
Jules awkwardly looked down at her plate.

"It's my specialty."
Liz grinned cockily.

"Cool."
Jules nodded slowly.

"You're friends with Kat, right?"

"Yea... I don't know if it's in the video so don't even ask."
Jules had an annoyed expression on her face while taking a bite from her salad.

"What video?"
Liz asked confused as she sipped some water, nothing ever slipped her when it came down to rumors, so she was very surprised to hear about this from the girl she only met 2 minutes ago.

"Oh, there's this video going around of some girl being fucked from behind and everyone thinks it's Kat."

"Gross."
Liz scrunched up her nose, she hated it when private video's or pictures got leaked, like why would you want to ruin someone's life like that.

"It's Liz."
She looked up at Jules who raised her eyebrows in confusion.
"My name."

"Cool."
Jules sighed, grabbing her backpack.
"Anyway, I gotta get to class. Here's my phone number, if you ever wanna hang out, just call me."
Jules wrote her a quick note and shove it towards Liz.

"Probably won't, but thanks."
Liz smirked, earning a finger from the girl who skipped off.