*19*

Looking at the reflection in the mirror, Liz looked herself up and down for what felt like the hundredth time.
She couldn't decide whether or not the outfit she had on was working for her.

Regularly, she didn't find much trouble in finding herself something to wear, she'd just fish something from her closet and match it with some other items.
But today it was different.

When Liz was at Fez' two days ago, Fezco insisted on taking the girl out on a first date. Real feelings were growing and he didn't want to ruin what they had, so he told her to meet up with her two days from then. He had prepared the perfect date for her, simple but romantic. 

Liz was more than honored to have been asked out on a date with Fezco. She's never really been on a date before, at least, not with someone she genuinely liked and not just to fuck some random guy she knew she'd never see again.

She liked Fez, in a way she never thought she would ever like anyone. She felt comfortable with him, safe. She felt like she could trust him, like he wouldn't disappoint her.
And he wouldn't.

So, getting ready for her date with Fez was hard. She didn't know what he planned for them, so she had no idea on what to wear.

Her entire wardrobe was now spread all around her room, the wooden floor now covered in different fabrics.
She's worn almost every single piece as well, dressing from a pair of sweats to a beach dress, to a fancy jumpsuit, she's tried it all.

Eventually, she went with a more casual look. She wore a green button up, only the first two buttons closed, with a tight black slitted skirt underneath and long black leather boots.

When Liz finally approved of her own outfit, she sprayed on a bliss of her favorite perfume before making her way downstairs to where her aunt and sister were watching a reality show in the living room.

Zeus jumped from his seat on the couch next to Marie and happily wiggled his tail as he made his way towards Liz who petted him lovingly.

"You look nice."
Marie complimented, watching her niece play with the dog.

"Thanks."
Liz smiled, standing up from her bended position.

"You're going anywhere?"
The woman asked, turning her attention back to the dramatic fight that was displaying on the tv.

"Oh yeah, just hanging out with some friend."
She casually replied, not wanting to tell her about how 'hanging out with some friend' was actually 'going on a date with this guy I can't stop thinking about',

"Is that friend a ginger, by any chance?"
Lea butted in, earning an eye roll from her older sibling.

"Eat shit."
Liz snapped, grabbing her coat from the rack.

"What ginger?"
Marie asked curiously.

"Liz has a boyfriend who's a ginger."
Lea replied simply, Liz groaning in response.

"No, no that's not true. He's just a friend."

"I see."
Marie smirked.
"And how come I haven't met this 'ginger' yet?"

"Because, he's just a friend, it's not a big deal."
Liz explained with sigh, not wanting to have this conversation.

"Well, you having a friend kind of is a big deal Liz."
Her aunt stated.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point."
She shrugged.
"But it's nothing, really."

"Alright, if you say so."
Marie smirked, causing Liz to once again roll her eyes at her aunt.

"Okay okay, are you guys done now? Cause I gotta go."

"Yeah, tell Fez I said hi."
Lea grinned teasingly.

"Fez? That's his name?"
Marie scrunched up her nose, rethinking the name multiple times.
"I don't like that."

"I don't care."
Liz smiled flatly, making her way towards the front door.

"Bye guys, love you!"
She yelled out before anyone else could add to the conversation, desperately wanting it to end.

After a short drive, Liz arrived at the liquor store, where she was supposed to meet up with Fez.

Getting out of her car, she noticed the store was closed and no one was around yet, so she figured Fez was still on his way.

Walking closer to the entrance of the store, her eyes caught two plastic chairs placed against the wall. She took a seat on one of them and looked down at her phone, seeing if she got any texts from Fez, telling her he was gonna be late, but nothing was there.

Twelve minutes later, Liz was still seated on the plastic chair, looking around for any sign of Fez, but all she was able to see was the sunset.

She enjoyed sunsets, it was one of her favorite things created by Mother Nature. The bright orange glow of the sun, the matching colored skylights, the puddles on the ground reflecting the pink tones, it was a truly beautiful sight to see. But Liz couldn't enjoy it the way she usually would.

She couldn't help but feel slightly concerned about Fez. She knows it hasn't even been fifteen minutes since she arrived, but she had this weird underlying feeling that he wasn't gonna show, but she supposed it was just the anxiety talking. at least, that's what she hoped it was.

She knew Fez wasn't exactly the fastest person alive, and she hadn't met up with him before to know whether he was someone who usually showed up early or late. But as minutes passed, the concern started to grow more and more until it drove her insane.

After twenty minutes of waiting, Liz' concern was slowly transforming into anger. What if Fez suddenly decided he didn't want to be around her anymore? What if he didn't want to on this date?
What if he stood her up?"

It infuriated her to think that he would to this to her. He didn't seem like the type to pull this type of shit, but then again, maybe men really are all the same.

Still it was hard for her to imagine, he really did seem into her. And when he asked her on this date, he seemed way too excited for someone who wasn't into her.
It just didn't make any sense.

Forty minutes passed, the sun had almost entirely disappeared as the sky got darker. Soft droplets of rain splashed down to the ground, which Liz watched in full focus.

The small roofing in front of the store managed to keep her dry as the rain fell down harder. Once again, Liz checked her phone, but still no message from Fez. She groaned in frustration before stuffing the phone back into her pocket.

Leaning her head against the cold brick wall, she closed her eyes for a bit, focusing on the sound of cars driving by, the wheels splashing trough the rained puddles, hoping it would help the time pass by easier.

After an hour of waiting, she decided to call him for the fifth time, but unsurprisingly, it went to voicemail straight away.
With another groan, she hung up the phone and decided to call quits.

She wasn't gonna spend her night sitting there in the cold rainy weather anymore. If Fez really did feel like showing up, he would've already.

So she left.

She went back home, still waiting for him to call or at least text, but as the hours went, nothing was heard.

Not when she fell asleep,  or when she woke up the next morning.

Fezco had stood her up, and it was the worst fucking feeling ever.