Prologue

The long interlude of night, almost drowns me to endlessly of nothing but darkness wakes me up, tears strolling down my cheeks I tried to catch my breath.

The cold, swift wind blew inside my room, seeing that I had left my window open to let some air enter my room. Yet one thing keeps repeating and bothering my mind.

‘I need to find Izana.’

Tears continue to roll out in my eyes, this feeling—this anxiousness, disturbance, and worries.

I know I died. I died protecting him.

Why am I breathing?

Did I failed?

My orbs roam the room where I found myself. The ticking tock of the clock almost deaf me in silence.

I need to find him. Sweat built in my temple as I prayed for his safety. My hands tremble uncontrollably with fear. I get up and look at the calendar near my bed.

2005.

I bite my nails and climb outside my open window.

"2005." It’s only one-thirty in the morning, but I’m sure Izana is awoken right now.

The beat of my heart added the flame of agitation in me. I can’t even stop crying. Big tears of jitteriness abstractedly flow as my mind start to process things.

My thoughts screamed his name as I kept rushing, my feet hollered in pain out of running without any footwear, but I couldn’t care less about it now.

Why did I only realize it on the brink of death? Why did I become afraid of my own feeling? Why?

I ran until I found their sanctum, the lights from inside gleamed more as I ran closer. I pant and opened the small door, hurrying to find Izana I didn’t notice the small humps near the door that I ended up stumbling on the ground.

“[Y/N?]” I heard some of his confidants call me in shock.

Surprise with my arrival in the middle of the freezing dawn. I sniff harder, not even paying attention if I look shit right now. My eyes blur as I push myself to stand. Thousands of useless ideas crept into my mind as time passed.

“Izana…” I uttered with my weak voice.

Kakucho approach me to offer me a help but I push him and look around until I see the man that I had been looking for. Leaning on metal railings as he talks to some of his gang mates, there he is standing lively. My mind hazed as my eyes blurred. He’s alright.

“Izana!” I exclaimed.

The big rock of fear in me earlier was all gone now. It felt like I could finally breathe evenly when I saw him. He looks at me with his big lavender optics that are glittering brightly in my sight, although my eyes are covered with tears.

I never thought that I’d be this happy just seeing him looking at me like that. Full of affection and warmth only for me.

“[Y/N?]” He asks, using his mystified tone. Unsure if he's literally seeing me.

I run and jump to him the moment I close our distance.

“Izana!” I shriek, clinging my arms and legs to him.

I cried to his shoulder. I hugged him like it would be the last time as I felt his warmth infiltrate my rimy body.

“Hey, what happened?” He asked as he hugged me back, firmly locking my legs wrapped around his waist.

He supported my back as he hushed my still uncontrollably hiccups.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry Izana…” I uttered between my sobs.