Thirteen

"Izana, marry me." 

"What...?" 

"How irony." 

"The heck what?" 

"Did I hear it, right?" 

"Too bold." 

"Did she hit her head?" 

 "Have you lost your mind, [Y/N]?" 

I rolled my eyes, still on the ground kneeling, 

"Is she praying?" 

"Are we supposed to kneel, on both of our knees? When proposing, Ran?" 

"No, only one knee on the ground, Kakucho." 

"But why does she propose, like that?" 

Gritting my teeth, I throw stares of daggers at Ran and Kakucho who are talking about me, as if I can't hear them. 

They both sip their mouth in unison and look back at Izana who's flabbergasted with my proposal. Both of my knees are still on the cold hard ground pressing I flick a wide smile to him. 

"Anata?" I called, he massage his temple for a couple of seconds and stare at me, my patella hurts already. 

"[Y/N]." 

"Yes?" 

"Are you serious?" I nod eagerly, pushing the red box of ring to him more. 

"That's why I'm on my knees- both of my knees to be exact, I desire to marry you." 

However, he was out of words that got me surfeited, exhaling I stand up and dither my cloth to get rid of dust. 

"Okay, this is enough." Tugging his hand out, I place the ring on his fingers. 

"Perfect." Mouth agape, the men inside the room stared at me, 

"She, decided... for Izana." Kakucho stated with his wide-open mouth. 

"He's too speechless to say yes, I just did the pleasure to do so." I implied, I look at Izana and tilt my head. 

"Right? Or you don't want to? I can—." 

"Does mom knows?" Blinking, I shake my head, this is my own decision. 

"No, I didn't tell her." He exhales and took my hand.

"You always do what you want." He lowly said, kissing the back of my hand, he swiftly insert a gold ring with a small diamond in its center. 

"I'm yours, with or without a ring." He stated, and claim my lips. 

"Why are you such in a rush? This isn't the plan." He breathlessly said and kiss my jaw, I pull him into a hug. Smiling ear to ear I stare at my hand where he placed a ring. 

"Then what's the plan?" 

"It should be a moment that you'll cherish when I give it to you." He hissed. 

Heartwarming with his plan for me, tears start to pool in my eyes.

Tell me how can I run away with this man?

Tell me how can I leave this man behind for me to continue a life without him?

Time is running out and no matter what I do, he'll only meet him

After the night that we've spent on the Sumida river, days passed, and things got into an unexpected turn. Just when I thought I alter some events, It only got the worst turn of it.