Twenty four

"[Y/N]." He loosens his necktie as he sits on the sofa. 

I bend more on the target that I choose after locking it I release an explicit power on the rod, the clucking sound of the hard ball played on a table with six pockets along the rails, into which balls are deposited surround the bar. 

Thenceforth on hitting the billiard ball, I compose my posture to take a brief look at Hajime who's folding his sleeve up to his elbow. 

"Bonten will have an executive meeting three days from now." He discloses, three days from now? The events that transpire that day played on my mind. 

"Who called the meeting?" 

"Mikey. Your attendance is needed there." I grapple the whisky from his hands that he offers. Swaying the glass of whisky I glance at Hajime, 

"I'm coming." He nods and seizes hold of the rod in my hands, 

"Mikey wants Izana to be present there." My face remained stoic, sipping through the glass of whisky I shook my head. 

"Izana will be leaving the country prior to the day's ends." His sharp gaze darted up to me. 

"Mikey canceled it already?" Unassertive by his answer and iffy he looks vacantly at my repercussion.

"What?" He shot the last ball that was on the table and lean on the rod that he stick on the ground.

 "He told Izana to stay for another week here." 

"Where is my son now?" He didn't answer my forehead creased. 

"He's staying in your ocean villa..." I told him to leave Japan and never stay here. Now Mikey's ordering him around? 

"Bullshit." I throw the glass of whisky and look at Hajime. He did not startle a bit at my action as I step forward and grab his collar. 

"Why the fuck does Mikey need my son?" Agitated as I was out of the occurring incidents discreetly, my phone rang and drew our attention.

"Mother, I'm –." 

"Izana." He sojourn in stealth as he realized that I knew what he was about to say. 

"Pack your things out of my property –." 

"My property." He corrects. My eyebrows rose. 

"You said the other day that your..." 

"You!" I hissed and he stop mentioning it further. 

"Izana. I want you to leave Japan." 

"Mother, I was grateful for your concern but you raised me independently and I know what I'm doing." He expressed his tone is soft and convincing. 

I walk back and forth as I massage my temple.

"I'm not disobeying you, mother. I'm simply acting how you raised me." 

"Ha! You brat! I didn't raise a disrespectful child!" 

"Yes, you didn't mother. Although you raised a hard-headed brat and the child of Izana Kurokawa..." He emphasized feeling proud as he mention the dead, I sigh in disbelief. 

He'll keep this circle argument going on and on until one of us surrender on the topic. 

"Izana." I called him, 

"Mother, Ran said it before I have your intelligence and rationality but also my father's devilment. Right now I'm letting you speak to yourself." 

He said as a matter of fact when did he regard Ran's opinion? I let a slow breath and lit the cigarette stick that Hajime gives me.