Six

“[Y/N], just this one, god damn it.” He whispered the last words but was not aware that it still reach my ear.

Shaking my head and crossing my arms I gave Rindou a snappy look, my hands are freezing although it’s just august, where the country is in the middle of summer.

The hot and heavy humid air passes through us, as we continue to have a staring competition.

He didn’t show up for weeks after he said that they have something important to do, and the first thing he did when we saw each other is this? Not even a simple hi?!

“Come on! It’s his birthday, a simple greeting would do!” I scoffed, turning my back just to shut him up.

“So? Do I have any obligation to him? If you’re this eager then do it yourself.”

He scowl back at me and dramatically washed his palms to his face.

“And there he is thinking you’re the kindest out here when a simple happy birthday is too much for you, what the fuck, [Y/N].”

I walk as fast as I can just to lose sight of him, but he continues to tail me.

“Shut up Rinrin! I’m not a saint, to begin with! So don’t you mop to my face that kindness bullshit! It’s called human decency, you idiot!” I hissed,

“You didn’t even tell me what happened with your missing in action week!” He looks at me with a sickening look. Like I’m some potato.

“Hey, I told you more than five times that we’ll be gone for weeks because of a gang war. Izana’s been establishing his power all over Yokohama that’s why.”

He stops walking but he also grips my forearm making me to halt.

“And why are you so stubborn? If you think that I’ll baby you the way Ran treats you, well then I’m not.”

Sharping gazes piercing over me he holds me tighter but it’s not enough to hurt me.

“You shouldn’t reached out to him that day if you don’t want something to do with him. The man just literally want a simple greet from you, how could that be so hard—.”

“I’m shy!”

He adjourn with my sudden disrupt, tilting his head as he fixed his glasses he stared at me.

“What?”

I gulped and fidget my hand, he release his hold to me and study my quips.

“It’s been nine months since the last time I saw and talk to him. I mean it’s awkward, can’t you read the situation Rinrin? And what do you mean Ran is spoiling me? Are you jealous?”

Pacing back and forth he let a sigh of disbelief, totally giving me a ‘what on earth are you.’ Look.

He holds my shoulder, although I’m two years older, he's already taller than me, though my height is above his temple only. He poke my forehead three times.

“Nine months and he didn’t stop chasing after you isn’t he? Perhaps for you it’s awkward but for him, it won’t trust me, and I’m not jealous of what you have with my brother, just so you know I'm with him longer than you, of course, I am his favorite sibling. No competition.” He smiles brightly and turns his back to me,

“That’s why you’ve been tense, chill [Y/N] you have cold sweats, damn it's summer.” Says the one who wears an all-over uniform of their gang.

He finally let me alone after the long trailing session with him for the last thirty minutes, checking my phone a calendar notification appeared on it.