Kick Harder ~ Chris Evans

Warnings : talks of social anxiety, not being confident, bullying, angst, fluff at the end.

A/N : Sorry for not posting for so long! A lot of things happened in my life. My grandad died from corona. His lost was very hard since he was like my bestfriend. Then my sister got corona and we all got scared. It was a whole thing. But I'm back with hopefully new content!

Hope you like this one.

English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes. Feedback and request are always welcome!

I do NOT give permission for my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

~

Being an actress was the best thing that's ever happened to you. As a child, you've always dreamed to be an actress. When kids your age were watching Disney movies, you were watching movies of Jodie Foster and Angelina Jolie. You were in love with the way they acted and how believable their acting looked. But, there was one problem. You had social anxiety.

Being an introvert and having social anxiety was not so easy for you. Children made fun of you since you didn't answered back, they never picked you during gym and laughed at you when they heard that you wanted to become an actress. After a lot of therapy lessons, your became a little bit more confident and finally got the nerves to audition for a role. It was a daughter mother dynamic and the mother was played by Michelle Pfeiffer. You were so thrilled when you got the callback saying that you got the part. The movie changed everything for you. It was one of the best movies of the year and Michelle won an oscar and you were nominated as best supporting actress. You were so happy even though you didn't win, You saw your dream come true. Movies meant everything to you, it gave you the happiness you never had. It also gave you your current boyfriend, Chris Evans.

Chris and you met in 2018, when it was announced that the two of you were going to play lovers in the new Chloe Zhao movie. He was dating his girlfriend Jenny Slate back then. They had broken up before, but then gotten back together. Chris and you immediately hit it off. He was always nice to you and wanted to hang out with you all the time. He was mesmerized by the way you looked and how professional and childish you could be on set. If he had a smile on his face, it was because of you. He took you out for coffee during breaks and the too of you were 'flirting' on twitter all the time. Social media went crazy when they saw pictures of you too together and speculated that Chris and you were together. Of course those weren't true, you would never do something like that to another woman. The media never liked him and Jenny together, since Jenny was married when the two of them first started hooking up.

The more Chris spent time with you, the more he fell in love. You got so much in common, you were like his female version. There was a slight age gap, but not too big. Chris thought that 10 years were reasonable enough to be in a relationship with you. But he had to break up with Jenny first.

So It wasn't a big surprise to the media when Chris and Jenny announced their break up, it was a big surpise to you. You never thought he would break his relationship just to be with you.

He started dating you 2 months after the break up. Chris didn't want to rush things and get all the media's attention on you. So, he waited. He bought you gifts, took you back to Boston so you could meet his family, took you to the movie premiers as his date. Everything was perfect. Until you found out that you were pregnant.

You and Chris were beyond excited and happy with the news, the both of you wanted children for so long. You knew that it was a little early in your relationship, but you loved him and he loved you, so it didn't matter.

Chris announced the news with the world and told proudly that he was going to be a father. The media was shaking when they got the news, relieved that Chris was finally going to be a daddy. But there was also a group people that wanted to hate on you.

The Jenny slate fans spread rumors that you were a gold digger and broke Chris and Jenny up beacuse of the baby and that Chris should do a DNA-test to show him if he really was the father. It really took a toll on you. You were already not the most confident person in the world, so the threats and the messages you got made you more insecure. You were trying hard not to read them, since you didn't want your baby feel any kind of stress, but you couldn't help yourself. You read every single threat and cried about it every single time.

That's how Chris found you when he got back home. He had a meeting with his team about the situation, trying to protect you as much as he could. It hurt him a lot too. To see that the love of his life and his baby getting threats made him sick. He had one purpose in life, to protect the both of you.

He saw you sitting on the couch, cyring. His heart broke immediately. he felt tears in his eyes and slowly walked towards you.

"Honey, talk to me, is everything okay?" He wanted to punch himself to ask you a question like that. Of course everything was NOT okay. He broke his promise to you. He swore to protect you and the baby forever and he failed. He failed as a partner and as a father.

You slowly looked at him in the eye and saw that he was crying just like you. You hugged him hard, burying yourself in his chest and wanting to never leave there. His heartbeat was the only thing that gave you comfort, the only thing that gave you a smile on your dark days. Nothing else could help you.

Until.

"Chris?"

He panicked a litlle when he heard you high pitched voice. Millions of scenarios went trough his head in only 2 seconds after you said his name.

"What, what is it? Is it the baby? Is there something wrong? Do you want to go to the ho-"

You stopped his talking by putting his hand on your swollen belly, and time stopped for Chris.

He saw that your lips were moving, but he couldn't hear a thing, everything went silent.

The baby kicked. The miracle that the both of you created just made a move saying that it is living inside of you.

The baby kicked for the first time.

Chris couldn't control the laughter that was leaving his lips and the tears that was escaping his eyes. He looked at you and saw that you weren't much different than him. You were smiling like crazy and crying your eyes out.

"I think our baby wants to kick the people that made momma and daddy sad, is that right huh jellybean?" You slowly rubbed you belly and Chris felt the baby kick even harder.

"Wow look at you bubba, not even born and trying to protect your parents from the bad guys." Chris looked at you while keeping his hand on your belly, and gave your lips a sweet, gentle kiss.

When the two of you parted, he watched with so much adoration in his eyes, asking himself how lucky he got with you.

"What do you think about a trip honey? Just me, you and our little protector. I know these last days were hard on you and our little bubba, and I'm sorry. I just wished people could see how much I loved our litlle family and I swear you on my life that I will do everything in my power the protect the both of you. I love you so much."

Before you could gave an answer the baby kicked again and made Chris and you laugh hard.

"I think the baby just gave an answer for the both of us. Just know that people will always talk Chris. It is our decision to listen or not. I'll admit, we didn't handle the latest situation quite well, but that doesn't mean it will be always like that. I love you and will always love and support every decision you make. Just never leave us and we will be more than okay."

Yes, thought Chris. Everything will be okay.