Heartbreak anniversary - Chris Evans

Pairing: Chris Evans x reader

Summary: Going trough a breakup hits harder when you realize only your heart gets broken.

Word count: 1.4k+

Warnings: angst. Chris is an asshole.

A/N:

So sorry for not updating for an entire year, hope you guys can forgive me xx

English is not my first language, so I apologize if I made any (grammar) mistakes. Feedback, requests, talks, vents, recommendations or just simple questions are always welcome.

Happy reading xxx

I do NOT give permission for my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

Love. It's a very difficult word to understand, even harder to feel. Every person felt it at least once, but with different amounts. That's why people sometimes compare it with chemistry. If you ever feel too much or add too much of your love to something, it's going to turn out to be dangerous for you.

And that's exactly what happened with you and Chris. You loved him too much. That's at least what your friends told you. You're going to hear what your therapist has to say about it next week. But you weren't looking forward to it.

What was she going to say, anyway? That you had issues you had to work on, that it wasn't your fault, and that healing took time. Nothing you already didn't know. But it made your friends happy that you seek medical help, so whatever.

It hurt like all endings do, but this was different. it hurt that it ended for you, but it also hurt that it didn't hurt Chris because it never started with him in the first place.

"You should've at least seen this coming Y/N."

How could you? He acted, he talked, he listened, and he loved like he was your boyfriend. In the 29 years of your living, you never felt this alive when you were with him. He made you want to do more in life. He was your best boyfriend.

Until he decided he was not.

In true honesty, you never thought that a person who you loved so much, could turn into the person who you hated the most. But then, you can't hate the person you never loved, can you?

"There is a thin line between love and hate," someone told you once, " and people cross that line every time. And sometimes it's just one word that makes you cross it. Just one word can make someone you despite to the person you care about the most in life. But then, just one little word can also turn the love of your life into the person you would kill without a blink."

Well, in your case, it was two.

"I cheated."

It makes you want to pull your hair out of your head every time you think about it. How were you so blind? Did love make you this way? Were you undeniably in love with this man that you didn't see all the red flags?

No. You were not doing this again. You were not blaming yourself for someone else's fault and stupidity. Chris just painted all the red flags green with his skills.

Until your tears rained all over it and showed you the truth.

What hurt the most, is that he didn't care. He didn't care that you talked with him for hours on the phone when you had work early in the morning. He didn't care that you flew all the way to Massachusetts on a busy work week just to surprise him for his birthday. He didn't care that you were the one encouraging him before every event.