Chapter 18 [NEW]

I combined chapters 14 & 15 to create chapter 14, so the numbering of chapters has slightly shifted. Also, the place of Chapter 15 is now the Chapter for the Lightning Element ^-^ I have also edited chapters 1-3 into 3rd Person and changed them quite a bit :)

This chapter continues from the last present day scene in Ch.16 ^-^

=======================

3rd Person Pov

Jungkook slumbered happily within his cocoon, content that he was sheltered from the threats- not threats- lurking outside, their auras growing increasingly agitated the longer their attempted entrance was thwarted. But he was safe, he knew that the nature around him would protect him, even going against the commands of the ancient one outside.

The man attempted to control nature, but It fought back, vines growing vicious thorns and lashing out towards the group. Jin tutted, staring down at the mass with a frown. "Nature can be a fickle thing, sometimes. It seems that it has found its new master for the time being. Jungkook will be safe within his cocoon, nature will ensure that, and since even we won't be able to reach him for a while, let's go. Joonie, stand guard for me."

Taehyung let out an unsatisfied warble, frowning in protest, but stomped after them with a huff, letting his magic settle into the ground as extra protection.

"Tae, that's my domain." The voice was disapproving, and it sent a shiver of delight down his spine.

"Don't care. He needs all the protection he can get." Taehyung let his lip curl up in challenge. "Unless you disagree, Joonie~?" He called back, revelling in the glare sent his way.

"Brat." Namjoon spat out fondly, chuckling as their youngest- second-youngest now- danced away to the others, settling down on the ground next to the mass of branches and vines. He let out a sigh, his magic seeping into the earth on instinct, strengthening the foundations of the magic Taehyung had already weaved.

There was no danger, their mate would come out on his own eventually.

♧◇■○●-[][][][][][][]-●○■◇♧

Jungkook awoke slowly, his eyes feeling heavy, and he grumbled as the vines around him shifted, rousing him further. He felt refreshed from his sleep, but that didn't mean he wanted to relinquish the comfort and safety the vines gave him from-

He sprang up suddenly, the vines parting just in time to avoid bashing his head against them, but the fresh air that greeted Jungkook was even less welcome.

He felt exposed.

"You're ready to come out now?" A deep voice spoke from his left, and Jungkooks head snapped around, eyes widening at the sight of one of those men- Namjoon- sat there, looking for all intents and purposes harmless.

He cleared his throat, feeling like a lump was lodged inside of it. "What happened? I-" He tried to continue, but was inturrupted by a cough tearing from his throat, making his eyes water. It was then that the burning registered. It began as only just a slight warmth in the back of his throat, but soon made its way up to such temperatures that Jungkook clutched at it, breathing heavily in confusion. "What-?"

"You're hungry, you need to feed." Namjoon noted, observing the way his eyes flickered between red and black. They should have expected it, he should have. This was Jungkooks first use of his power, so it was obvious it would use up a lot of energy, energy that needed to be replenished quickly whilst his vampire features were still developing.

His fangs were still tiny points that barely elongated, and that wouldn't be changing for at least the next few years or more.

"Huh?" Jungkook dumbly responded, already feeling a haze of intense hunger settling over his mind.

Namjoon's lip quirked up slightly, revealing a dimple that Jungkook fixated on, his pupils shrinking, leaving behind a hypnotising sea of red. Namjoon stared into his eyes, feeling a shiver of trepidation run throughout his body.

He was an apex predator, the apex predator, but his Newborn Mate was in his element.

"Let's head back, hm? I'll help you feed, theirs plenty of pouches-"

Jungkook let out a spine rattling growl. "No, disgusting!" The hiss of revulsion that followed as he imagined drinking the cold, slimy blood the other was talking about instead of the hot life-force he craved made his thoughts clear on that matter.

Swallowing, Namjoon briefly glanced back in the direction of the house where the rest of their mates were waiting, and turned back to the other with a grimace. "I hope I don't regret this." He whispered to himself, before plastering a convincing smile on his face. "Jungkookie, how about we go and hunt?"

◇●●●●[][][][][][][]●●●●◇

Namjoon dragged the practically unresponsive man behind him by a firm grip on his wrist, warily scenting the air as they walked out of the forest.

This was a bad idea, and he could feel the agitation of his mates down their bond as they felt him and Jungkook pass the wards.

But this was necessary, and it hopefully wouldn't take too long.

Behind him, his mate let out a soft growl as the scent of a human drew near, and Namjoon shushed him gently. "Wait just a moment, we shouldn't do this so out in the open." He gently pulled them so that they were more obscured, just in the treeline but close enough to the street that all it would take was a quick hand reaching out and they'd have their prey.

Jungkook made another noise as the heartbeat of the human drew closer, and the man it belonged to stepped into sight. They were younger than Jungkook would have preferred if he was more lucid, but now wasn't the time to be picky.

Reaching his other hand up, Namjoon took ahold of Jungkook from the back of his neck, much to the man's verbal displease, freeing his other hand to snag the human into the forest as soon as he came within reach.

"What-!" Blurring away, Namjoon dragged both the human and Jungkook further into the forest, and released his mate to pounce. It was messy and rushed, but by the end, Jungkook was cognizant enough to blanch in horror at what he had done. He made a distressed noise, and Namjoon huffed, ready to comfort him, before his back straightened in alarm.

Another Vampire had entered the wards.

◇◇◇-●●●[][][][][][][]●●●-◇◇◇

Word Count: 1.1k

Last Updated: 17/04/23

An update? I'm as shocked as you are, but I suddenly got the inspiration to finish off this chapter- it's been stuck at 400 words for the past few months now. This hasn't been edited, so I hope there's no mistakes '-'

I am hoping to finish off editing the rest of the chapters, but that really needs to be done before I can continue this. At least I have a solid idea for the next chapter ^-^

Thanks to everyone who has continued to read and support this despite my continued absence ^-^ I can't believe this has 180k+ reads, it's still insane to me!

Follow me on Twitter at: xStrawberryJam_   for updates on my works' next chapters :)

-Jam◇