Chapter 16

1773-Norfolk, England- 27th of November, A Saturday

Jin sighed under his breath as he waltzed around the ballroom once more, a young maiden clad in luxurious finery giggling in his arms as she swooned over him.

Lady Beatrice was a polite and perfectly pure young lady, one of the most sought after maidens of her generation due to her heavenly beauty.

With light blonde hair that was done up in an elegant curled updo, unblemished, pale as snow skin that looked as if it had never seen the sun and emerald-green eyes, she was a picture to see. Dressed in a pale pink dress that accentuated her figure modestly, she danced with him elegantly, the pair looking perfect together even though they were opposites in most ways.

She had never done wrong in her life, demure and even-tempered even when slighted unrightfully.

At least, that was the image she projected outwardly.

" Lord Kim, you said you were from, ah, Asia, was it? I can't even tell, your accent is perfect." She simpered, arms draped enticingly over his shoulders, eyes lidded to the point where she could be accused of attempting to seduce him by the many spectators. " Father recently bought some tea from there, it tastes most exquisite."

" I have been a resident of Britain for quite the while now, my Lady, it isn't surprising that I've learnt to speak without a hindrance. And yes, I also order my tea from there, I find it to be rich in flavour. I'm glad it suits my Lady's tastes." Jin replied evenly, every step he took calculated, sophisticated.

In reality, she was a menace, tearing down people's self-esteem with her prettied words, looking like the little angel she was renowned to be.

And she seemed to have taken a liking to himself, ever since he and his mates had arrived in the higher society after years of no-show.

The renowned 'Kim's', who had yet to make their debut due to the passing of their parents before any of them were of age. Their sudden appearance into society was shocking, to say the least, but the resident money grabbers weren't complaining.

The Kim's were filthy rich, after all.

" Yes, yes, of course. How could I forget that you and your family came here while you were so young? Speaking of family, how are your youngest brothers? It is a great shame that they couldn't join today's festivities."

Jimin and Taehyung had chosen the day before the party to drain themselves of power during training, stupidly, so on Namjoon's orders, they were on forced bed rest for the foreseeable future.

" They both came down with a slight bout of illness only yesterday, so Namjoon has had them on bed rest."

" Healer Kim is quite the skilled Physician, I've heard. He studied at Oxford, didn't he? How wonderful!" Obviously, she didn't really mean it, but to get closer to the Lord through praising his brother's seemed to be the best bet. " Say, Lord Kim, you seem to be quite the mysterious fellow."

" Hm, you think that, do you?"

" Yes, and I would very much like to uncover your secrets, even your darkest ones no one has heard of before." Her voice dropped down to a whisper, silky and seductive as she leaned closer to his ear.

" Well, who am I to deny such a ravishing young Lady?" With that, his hands disengaged from her waist, holding one out for her to grasp. She did so with a giggle, following him towards the patio doors, grinning widely.

The pair stepped out into the humid evening air, making their way deeper into the gardens until they were out of sight from the other attendee's, who watched their departure with judging eyes.