12

sorry, the update has taken so long. I have reasons for not being able to update but I'd rather not say. i have no idea where to go with this story, so i might take a break to plan the next few chapters so i can have consistent updates.

 i have no idea where to go with this story, so i might take a break to plan the next few chapters so i can have consistent updates

3rd person pov

 "Jin, help me."

Flashback

"Jinnie, help me!" The 10-year-old Yoongi screamed as he ran away from the stall keeper, his thin pale arms filled to the brim with fresh fruit.

"C'mere ya little rat!" The burly, red-faced man roared as he continued to chase after the young boy.

"Jinnie!" Yoongi squealed as he was grabbed from behind by his collar, his weak, malnourished body not strong enough to fight back. The man easily lifted him till he was dangling in the air in front of his face.

"I finally 'ave caught ya, ya theivin' little shit! Looks like your pathetic hero isn't here to save ya today." The man mocked, his face contorting in a sinister smile, yellow and black rotten teeth on show.

Yoongi grimaced away from the man, eyes darting around frantically in a search to find his Jinnie. He spotted a head of blonde hair in the near distance, and his heart filled up with hope.

He was here.

"Eh? Aren't ya gonna say anythin'? Usually, ya go bonkers if anyone even says a single bad word about him." The man tilted his head to the side in thought, before an even wider grin stretched across his grotesque face.

" 'as he given up on ya now, huh? He should 'ave done that a while ago, chasin' after a ten-year-old, and a male at that! Disgusting!"

" You wouldn't understand my reasons for being like this with him since your simple-minded self cannot handle the explanation. Now, unhand my little one and go back to your stall." Jin snarled at the male from behind him, throwing a handful of coins on the ground. " I'm sure that will be enough money for the fruit, come along now Yoongi."

The man had let go of the boy to scramble on the floor, scooping up the coins with a greedy smile on his face. It was a lot more than the pile of rotting fruit cost.

Jin scoffed in disgust at the males' undignified display, turning around to walk back in the direction of the forest, Yoongi following him with an ashamed expression.

The pair walked in a deafening silence until yoongi broke it with a timid whisper.

" A-are you mad,hyung?"

Jin let out a deep sigh, before turning around and finally making eye contact with the young boy.

Min Yoongi. A 10-year-old boy, the youngest out of 8 siblings from a poor family.

His first mate.

" No, Yoonie, I'm not mad. I'm just a little disappointed in you. You know that you can just simply ask me for some money instead of stealing from the stalls." The young boy looks to his feet, guilt beginning to overwhelm him. He lets out a pathetic sob as tears stream down his face.

"I'm sorry Jinnie! You know ma don't like it when I ask you for money, she don't approve of it."

Yoongi had a great deal of respect for his mother, her being the only family member that cares about the young boy.

" Yoonie, sweetie, if you don't take my money to buy food, you know that your family will be worse off. It isn't a bad thing to take my money, I'm offering it to you so that you and those you care for can be healthy." Jin reasoned with the boy, reaching into his pocket to grab some money for the boy. Being alive for a hundred or so years had its perks.

As he was about to hand over the money to the boy, a loud shout could be heard. When they looked over, they spotted yoongi's father standing near their house, beckoning Yoongi to come back.

" Sorry hyungie, I need to go, see you tomorrow!" The young boy yelled, running off while forgetting to take the money back with him.

Jin just smiled fondly at the retreating back of his mate, before trudging off back to his hut.

Flashback end

Jin huffed out a breath, shaking the memories out of his head. Now was not the time to lose control over something that happened 3000+ years ago, especially when he had a baby vampire to try and calm down.

His eyes flashed red as he growled. " Jungkookie, get off him, now!"

Jungkook growled back, not happy about being ordered about. Jin rolled his eyes at the difficult teenager, not to happy to be dealing with this sort of attitude all over again. He already had enough trouble with Namjoon and Jimin being overly sassy.

He calmly walked up to Jungkook, about to grab hold of his collar, before the little one perked up. His eyes flooded a deeper red as he raced out of the room, heading up to the others.

Jin huffed in exasperation, already knowing that they were going to have trouble controlling this one.

~Berry🍓

Words-879(old)899(new)

Updated-05/07/2020