9

Still set in 1953

They reached a gravel driveway that leads up to the grand white manor. The gardens surrounding it looked luscious and green, full of life. It looked like the perfect fairytale house. Except, Micah was disappointed.

 Of course, this was the exact style of home everyone was going for nowadays, and he had seen it far too many times. It lacked originality, so he hated it. Micah let out a dissatisfied grunt and followed the woman up the path.

The ruffled and ragged duo walked up the cold, marble steps and knocked briskly against the wooden oak door. It was hastily flung open by a frantic and dishevelled looking butler who sighed in immense relief when he identified who was at the door.

" My lady! Master has been searching for you for quite the while. You also look rather unkempt, and you know how fussy he is about public image!" He rants, ushering her in, but he stops abruptly as he locks eyes with Micah, who had been standing behind her the whole time.

" And who may you be?" The butler questions, hesitantly.

" My name is Micah." He answers proudly, a little irked that the man had not recognised who he was. How could he not! He was the Micah Alverez, one of the most famous heirs of this time! 

" Micah here is injured so I brought him back here to treat his injuries." The 'lady' explained.

" I shall go get the nurse to tend to him then." The butler stated, turning around to start walking to the infirmary when the woman's next words stopped him in his tracks.

" I brought him back to treat his injuries myself." She said firmly. The butler turns around with wide eyes.

" My lady, with all due respect, that's not a wise decision. We can just order one of the nurses to do that, there is no need for you to touch this low-class commoner." The butler argues, receiving a death glare from both of them.

"Low-class commoner?! For your information, my name is Micah Alverez, heir to the Alverez empire. You must have been living under a rock if you don't recognise me. So treat me with respect, butler." Micah spits out sassily, having enough of the disrespect. Who was this butler to call him low class!

The butler flinches in fright, terrified at how the man's voice feels like it is controlling him. He nods his head in understanding, and steps to the side, allowing Micah to walk past him. 

Micah smirks in victory as he bumps shoulders with the man, not missing the way how he visibly shuddered at the touch. 

Lady (her name for now) led the way towards the infirmary briskly, nodding in greeting to the many curious maids who they passed on their way.

She opened the door for it to reveal a plain hospital room, filled with the overpowering smell of medicines and herbs.

" Sit on the bed while I go fetch the medical kit." She ordered, opening a cupboard nearby.

Micah sat on the bed, growing more anxious every passing moment. How on earth was he going to explain that he has no injuries while being covered in blood!

She comes over with a soft smile on her face, carrying the typical medical kit in her hands. She stands in front of him, taking a shaky deep breath before blushing bright pink.

" Err, can-can you please remove your shirt? I need to clean your wounds..." She mumbles awkwardly, avoiding eye contact.

He gulps, before hesitantly beginning to unbutton the shirt, revealing his toned but injury-free chest.

" What? but... aren't you injured! You have blood all over you!" She shouts in surprise, blinking her eyes furiously. Micah just stares at her blankly, having already anticipated this sort of reaction from her.