Chapter 19

Jin was by them in a moment, eyes glowing, his body positioned to hide them. The crunch of leaves, slow and steady, not hurried in the slightest, approached the opening they were in. Oh, it was still at supernatural speeds, of course, but he could tell from the pressure they were placing on the earth that they were taking their time.

Namjoon could just about hear the footsteps of his other mates rushing to their position. Jin hadn't been kind enough to bring anyone else along for the ride. The man knew he was certainly powerful enough to take on just about anything Earth could throw at him.

Namjoon inched to the side slightly, watching Jungkook from the corner of his eye. The man was just now looking at the noise, his red eyes gleaming. His senses were incredibly dampened compared to theirs, worryingly so.

The footsteps were coming closer now, and he tensed, ready to pounce on the threat-

"Yeonjun?" Namjoon voiced, straightening from his protective curl.

The younger man smiled, tilting his head, looking calm in the face of the clearly defensive vampires. From the tenseness of his shoulders, Namjoon could tell that Seokjin was not ready to relax. He could sense something was wrong, that was why none of them had realised it was an ally approaching.

"Hello Jin-Hyung, Sire."

Jungkook looked on with trepidation, peeking out from behind the shoulder of Namjoon. He watched as the pair seemed to have a standoff, Jin's back still taught with tenseness, the smile not leaving the other man's- Vampires'?- face.

Jin straightened then, loosening with false calm. "I think it's best if we head back to the Manor for a chat, hm?"

=======================

"What are you doing here?" Seokin asked silkily from his spot on the armchair, positioned between Yeonjun and the others, who were watching on with amusement.

"Thought I'd come and see you. I was in the area." He took a languid sip from the wine glass. "Didn't expect to see you with anyone else, though."

"This is Jungkook, our mate." Jimin piped up from his seat on the arm of the sofa, twirling a pen in his fingers.

The man's eyebrows rose. "So you finally found your last? It took long enough." He turned to face Jungkook with a more genuine smile. "Hello, I'm Yeonjun. Namjoon-hyung is my sire." The man bluntly stated, and Jungkook blinked at him. Yeonjun blinked back. "How new is he to all of this?" The man made a gesture to them and their surroundings.

"He was only recently turned. His sire abandoned him without any teaching."

Yeonjun whistled. "Wow, bet you're all pissed, eh?"

Jin fixed him with a blank stare. "Quite. Now, why are you in the area? There's nothing much down here to attract your attention. Did the others come as well?"

"Nah, they stayed up, I'm only here to acquire some herbs. Soobin's been getting headaches again." The man's voice was fond as he spoke of this 'Soobin', a dopey smile stretching his lips.

Yoongi, sat on the edge of the sofa, tutted. "You tell him to stop forcing visions. If they are reluctant, they are to remain unseen. The brat should know this." It was spoken in a firm but fond tone, and the new information only made Jungkook's head spin more.

A tap to his shoulder had Jungkook flinching back, stopped from toppling over the armrest by steady hands upon his shoulders. Before him, Jimin grinned, revealing only slightly pointed teeth. The view had Jungkook's cold heart stuttering, and the man took that moment to hoist him by his arms and over the back of the sofa.