Chapter 15

3rd person pov

He hated this. He swore that they were all secretly laughing at his failures, he could even hear the slight snorts of one of them. 

He growled in frustration, turning back to give them a tired glare. All they did was smirk at him condesendingly.

" Now, now. Jungkook, it isn't that hard-" Namjoon tried to calm down the angry-looking newborn, only to have all that pent up rage turned on himself.

" Isn't that hard? Isn't that hard! Oh, every second that I spend in your presence increases the chance of your head separating from your fucking body! And I don't even know if that's how you kill a vampire, but I can bloody well try!"

" Honestly, you have such a vicious temper for such a little-" Jimin tried to taunt him, getting cut off once Jungkook snapped at him, his temper flaring higher.

" Finish that sentence and I'll shove this stick where the sun doesn't shine!" He threatened, snapping a branch off of a nearby tree, it nearly turning to splinters due to his untamed enhanced strength. This only drew a low chuckle from Jimin.

" Tempting, tempting. Unfortunately, you need to learn control before I ever let you near me with anything remotely pointy." Jimin plucked the stick out of his grip, turning it to ash with a careless flick of his wrist, causing Jungkook's eyes to widen ever so slightly. What the fuck was that?

He decided against asking once he saw the smug look gracing the older vampires features, turning away to carry on stalking his 'prey' as they called it.

The woman was an older one, in her late fifties by the looks of it. He'd refused to hunt anyone under the age of forty, feeling bad for them to die too young. Well, it wasn't really him who felt bad, but his host.

He could feel the real Jungkook starting to surface now, enough time having passed since he was turned for his body not to feel vulnerable. He was kind of sad with having to go, freedom felt nice, but he understood that his time was now up. He was only here to ensure that his host made it to near invulnerability.

His sharp eyes watched intently as she stopped, crouching down to tie her laces. Now was his chance.

He lunged, eyes brightening in colour as his bloodlust soared. Unfortunately, like all his past tries, he once again failed. This time more spectacularly than the rest.

His speed was too great for his mind to catch up with, forgetting to lift his foot over a root. He tripped over it, faceplanting to the ground and rolling to a stop.

They roared with laughter as they watched him tumble, startling the lady. She walked away hurriedly, not wanting to be involved with anything that was happening.

He blushed red, thumping his fist on the ground in anger and embarrassment, delighting in the way it cracked under him. " Shut the fuck up!" His outburst just caused them to laugh harder. " It's not fun-" He gasps, choking on air. The older vampires immediately rushed to his side, holding him as he shook, eyes rolling back into his head as he blacked out.

Jungkook's (The real one) Pov

I was thrust out of my sleepy haze by a sudden jolt, startling me. My eyes flew open, greeted by the sight of six fussing vampires crowding around me, crooning sweet words. I shoved at them, and they let me, stepping back slightly to give me more room.

"What the fuck-" My voice cracked, rough and unused to the pitch change. "What happened?!" I questioned them, to which they responded with serene smiles, oozing contentment.

"You've passed your vulnerable stage, Jungkook. You can no longer die a human death, how wonderful!" Seokjin grinned at me, all sharp teeth and monstrously vile in my eyes. I curled upon myself, sobbing as they crowded around me once more, not even having the strength to push them away.

No.

No, this can't be happening.

I can't be forever stuck at eighteen as a bloodthirsty creature!

I'd rather die.

I can't die.

"I can't-" I choke out to them, whipping my head up to stare blankly into their nightmarishly red eyes, the same shade of red as mine. "I can't-"

"You can't what, Jungkook?" One of them questions me, I can't tell which one, they've all blurred into one creature, staring down on me with their bloody eyes-

"Stop! Go away, go away, go away, go away!" I yell in terror as the beast approaches me, fangs dripping and smile contorted. I scramble backwards, hitting a tree, hearing it creak behind me, but my focus is solely on the creature that's inching ever so closer to me.

"Jungkook." It cooes.

"Jungkook?" The monster splits, to my utter confusion and horror.

"Jungkook!" I'm snapped out of my daze. There's no monster. Only my six captors surrounding me, approaching me as if I'm a frightened animal. A deranged chuckle escapes from my throat, gaining in strength as I take in their slightly flustered appearances.

"Jungkook?"

"Fuck you, you fucking monsters," I whisper, still smiling, loving the way their faces drop in dread.

================================

Word count: 866

Well, isn't that depressing?

I was going to write a longer chapter, but I wanted to get a new one out a soon as possible, seeing as I haven't updated since August.

Isn't it crazy that this book is nearly two years old now? Well, it is two for me, since around this time I would have been first planning it.

I hope that I've progressed as an author since I started, but you honestly can't see it much in this book.

Anyway, thank you for over 83k reads my dudes :) I hope to update soon, but really, don't hold me to that.

Comment if you like, I love to see readers interacting with my stories.

And with this chapter, this book has hit around 23.5k words so far, which I can say is nowhere near the end. Honestly, with the rate I'm going, I might be ancient by the time it's done.

This is only the first week of Jungkook's life as a vampire, and while there may be many time skips, I hope to end this book when he is older.

Thank you for reading :)

~Berry