2 (Revised)

Jungkook's POV [3rd Person]

Jungkook waited until a few minutes after the door had shut to jump into action. He clambered out from under the covers and stepped out of the bed, attempting to not make a single sound as he crept over to the door, which was hard when all of his limbs felt like cement. He listened for any movement on the door's other side, and slowly turned the handle when there was nothing of note, biting his lip at the slight creak it made. He winced at the high pitch that echoed through the corridor, poking his head out. No one was there. He snuck along the halls, trying to find the stairs. Using his newly gained vampire speed was a no-go, he'd be too loud using it, and would no doubt crash into something.

Once he found the stairs, after much hassle, Jungkook began to carefully descend them, attempting to avoid alerting the attention of the other vampires. He saw the front door a few meters ahead of him once he reached the bottom, but could hear many pairs of footsteps from his right, sounding confident and unhurried. He determined that he would have to use his speed then, knowing that he wouldn't have the chance to leave the house if he left it any longer. Jungkook bolted out, dashing down the steps and into the surrounding forest with a speed that far eclipsed even the fastest of animals.

As he was sprinting, getting hit by leaves and branches that scratched and tangled in his hair painfully, he could hear that they were chasing after him, their footsteps light but noticeable. For some reason, they weren't trying very hard to catch up, and it felt like they were toying with him, slowing down whenever they got closer.

He frowned and started to run faster, breath becoming ragged with effort, the ending of the trees in sight. Just as he passed the tree line, he felt an excruciating pain in his neck that felt as if it was searing it, a shock shooting down his spine. He collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony. Jungkook could taste the saltiness of his tears that had begun to cascade down his face in streams as he sobbed and choked, scratching at his neck in an attempt to alleviate the pain. The other vampires crowded his sight from above, kneeling over him with distressed yet unsympathetic expressions.

The silver-haired man from earlier crouched beside his head and placed a hand on his sore neck, where he had bitten him not long before. Instantly, relief washed over him and Jungkook relaxed into his cool touch, forgetting all about his urge to escape from them. His eyes grew heavy, the strain he had put on his body finally catching up to him. He struggled to stay conscious, yet failed and fell into the welcoming darkness with a growing sense of horror.

His escape had failed, and he had no idea how they would react or what sort of consequences awaited him.

Yoongi's POV

He could hear him upstairs, climbing out of the bed they had placed him in, the rustling of covers, heavy breathing, and the creaking of the floorboards obvious signs of him being awake.

Of course, they could sense that he hadn't been asleep, but decided instead that they would play along since he couldn't escape anyway. His mating bite with Jimin wouldn't allow him to step outside of their territory without permission from them.

He was creeping down the stairs, obviously trying not to attract their attention. Yoongi snickered into his hand, amused that their mate had a spark to him, yet he was still naive to the ways of the world. They had collectively decided to not stop him, and allow him to test the boundaries of their territory by himself. It was cruel but necessary. Hopefully, it would thwart any future attempts of escape.

He got spooked by their footsteps, as expected, which caused him to bolt out the door and into the woods. They jogged after him, not using much vampire speed since they wanted to toy with him. They could see him speed up, thinking that now was his chance to escape. Yoongi sighed, reaching up to clasp his neck as phantom pain throbbed there sympathetically. He had done the same a few times in the past, even once he was older and the others had joined them, and it wasn't a fun experience.