Meeting

Narrator's Pov.

Later that night the lone wolf stands at the water's edge. Waiting for the alpha to come and meet him.

 Waiting for the alpha to come and meet him

"Alpha Conan, it's good to see you again." The wolf says as he bows his head to the giant wolf walking towards him.

"It's been almost five years Wilder. What caused you to contact me now?" The Alpha says as he eyed up the lone wolf.

"There was a human female in my territory today." "I told her not to go into your territory again." He snarls to himself as he remembers the "talk" that happened in the bait shop.

"Don't worry Wilder, I'll stop her from coming back." "That's the thing Alpha, I want her to come back. It's weird, she mentioned a male and I got angry. Then when we touched there was tingles. When we locked eyes I wanted to shift! I haven't been in human form in almost five years! Then finally when she left, she ran. Instead of wanting to attack her I wanted to lick her. What does all of this mean?" Stars seem to shine in Wilder's eyes as he describes what happened.

"I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it's right." Conan says as he looks from Wilder to the moon above him. "You have to tell me Conan."

"First, is there anything else that happened between you two?" Wilder stared at Conan for a moment before speaking. "Yes. I spoke and she understood me."

"That confirms my suspicions, you and that girl are mates." A gasps slips through Wilder's lips as he looks at Conan with shock.

"I have a mate? No, I don't deserve one after what happened. That girl deserves much better than what I could ever give her." Defeat goes through Wilder as he realizes his situation.

"Wilder, it's not your fault that Sarah Beth is dead. You fought as hard as you could."

Five years ago Wilder was the Bloody Fang Pack's upcoming best warrior. To prove he was worthy of being the best upcoming warrior, Wilder was in charge of taking care of Alpha Conan's daughter when she went outside to play. (At the time there was many rogues roaming about.)

Sarah Beth was only three years old, but she loved Wilder to death. She was always doting on him and following him around the pack house.

One hot July day Sarah Beth wanted to go swimming in the lake, the very lake that Storm loves to fish at

Sarah Beth was wading waist deep in the water and having the time of her life while Wilder laid in his wolf form, watching her.

The warm rays of sunlight slowly lulled the warrior to sleep. Shortly after he fell asleep, a loud growl woke him up.

Wilder found himself and Sarah Beth surrounded by fifteen savage rogues. Wilder stood his ground and fought hard against the rogues.

But they were too much for the lone warrior and they severely wounded him. He was on the verge of dying but he kept struggling to attack the rogues.

What the rogues wanted was Alpha Conan's daughter. More specifically they wanted her dead.

"Wilder help!" Sarah Beth screamed as one of the rogues sunk its teeth into her tiny body. "No!" Wilder howled as he tried to get to the child.

With the Alpha's child dead the three living rogues ran off like the cowards they were.

"I'm so sorry Sarah Beth. I failed you." The injured warrior whimpered as he shifted to his human form.

He was covered in deep scratches and bite marks that hurt like hell. But he picked up the poor child and cradled her limp body in his arms. Tears streamed down his face and fell on the child's body.

Shortly after the rogues left, Alpha Conan and Luna Rose searched for the two wolves. What they eventually found was twelve dead rogues, their future best warrior dying, and their only daughter dead.

No one in the pack blamed Wilder for Sarah Beth's death, but Wilder himself. He would constantly tell whoever asked about Sarah Beth that he should've died instead of her.

The rogues wanted SB's death to break the alpha and luna, but instead it broke Wilder. He went wolf after that, staking out his own territory within Bloody Fang's territory, and never shifting back to human form. He didn't spend time with the pack and stuck to himself, hunting the human farmer's animals for food.

The wolves of the Bloody Fang Pack tried to help bring Wilder back to his human form, but it was useless. He refused to change back, saying that he deserved to be stuck like that. The same form that couldn't save the sweet child would forever be a constant reminder of his failure.

"Alpha, what do I do? I deserve to suffer but I don't want my mate to suffer, I want her to be happy." Conan looked at the moon once again, before an answer popped into his head.

"Wilder son, you deserve happiness too. You should give the bond a chance. Get to know her and then decide if you really want to throw your once in a lifetime chance at love away." Alpha Conan said wisely to the younger wolf.

"But Alpha, I can only bond with her if I shift back to human form. It's been so long I don't know if I can anymore." Wilder says with defeat. "If you really want your bond to work, you will find a way. You wanted to shift back today, that means your already a step in the right direction."

"If you need anything else, you know how to contact me. I hope this works out for you Wilder, you deserve a good life after what happened." The old wolf says before turning and going back the way he came from.

Wilder lopes off towards his den, his mind reeling the whole way. He didn't deserve to have a happy life yet the moon goddess went off and gave him a soulmate. What was he going to do?