The Bite of Change

Storm's Pov.

For whatever reason a whine escapes my throat at the sight of Alice holding Eva at scalpel point. This can't be right! Mother's don't do this to their children.

"This is how it's going to be, you give yourself to me and the child lives. You don't give yourself to me and the child dies." To prove her point she makes a small slice on Eva's neck and crimson blood trickles downwards. Eva makes a strangled sort of cry and tears join her blood.

"You've had men's blood on your hands, will a child's blood feel the same? What will your mate think if he finds out you chose your life over the child that you both love."

"Alice this isn't you." I argue. Something seems off about her. She loves Eva, she wouldn't do this. I can't believe she would do this.

"You're right, this isn't Alice. This is Alexander!" Evil shines in her, his? whatever's eyes.

"You died! Your throat was ripped out!"

"My body died, my mind didn't. As soon as that blasted Alpha got there I knew my time was up so at the last second I called on Alice and I's bond. Just before Conan ripped my throat out I changed minds with Alice. She died and I lived!" Alexander cackles. I clench my fist in anger, he killed my friend!

"Back to the main point, what's it going to be Storm. Your life or the child's?" That evil gleam is back and I know Alexander isn't kidding.

"My life, you can take it for whatever sick thing you have planned." My fist unclenches as I accept my fate. "Good, good. Now don't move or the child gets it." Alexander shuffles Eva away from the window towards the door. She looks at me with eyes full of fear, I can't let anything bad happen to her.

Alexander now stands with his back to the door. "Why are you doing this? What do you gain from this?" I'm stalling, trying to buy enough time to come up with a plan.

"You killed my best friend and for that you will pay with your life. You see, I was in kindergarten and my best friend and I were playing on the sidewalk. Then YOU came by," his voice is filled with such hate, "with your cowboy boots of death! You stomped on him and drug him all over the sidewalk. You squished him you monster!" It's almost ironic that he's screaming about stomping and I can hear footsteps coming down the hallway towards us.

"What was your friend, a bug?" I laugh, trying to gain even more time. Alexander shoots me a death glare and I know I fucked up. But it's a worth it fuck up.

"He was a snail!"

"You killed my men because of a snail?!" I cut him off. I do my best to keep myself from shaking with rage. A snail, he killed them for a snail?!

"You crushed him and didn't even notice. He was my best friend and you ended his life with one brutal stomp!" He screams.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I apologize, though I don't actually feel sorry. I will never feel sorry for anything I do to this monstrous bastard.

"That's why I've spent years perfecting my revenge. Once I kill you, Snailbert will finally be avenged and can rest in peace." Another flick of his knife and there's more blood. I agreed to his terms, why is he still hurting her?

"Let her go and you can cut me all you want." I yank the IV out and it stings like a bitch. Alexander's eyes shine with torturous glee at my words.

He immediately shoves Eva away from him, a spray of blood following. Without a second thought I rush to the bleeding child and apply pressure to the wound. He lied when he said he wouldn't kill her!

"You have ten minutes to meet me outside. If you're not there and I have to come get you, you will suffer the most torturous death imaginable." The monster says, resting his hand on the door knob.