Alt. Ending Pt. 3

(Before the pt. 3 starts, I would like to state everyone's ages as of this part. Storm-30
Wilder-32? Eva-10 Theodore-6)

"Are you ready for your first day of school?" Storm asks as she checks for the fourth time that everything Theodore needs is in his backpack. "I don't wanna go!" Theodore whines.

"Think of how fun it will be. You'll get to make new friends and have snack time!" Eva tells him. "I don't want friends or snacks! I want to stay here with Momma and Daddy!"

"You know you can't do that. I have to work and Daddy's going job hunting." Storm says.
"Please Momma." Theodore gives her his best puppy dog eyes. "No." Theodore gives her one more pout before taking the backpack from her with a glare.

"Let's go then."

"I hate this!" Theodore proclaims once they're standing outside of the school doors. "How about this," Storm kneels down to his level, "if you really hate your first day of school that much, I'll take you out of it and you'll never have to go again." "Okay Momma!" He hugs her neck.

The two hold hands as they navigate their way through the school. Halfway through getting to Theodore's classroom, Eva leaves to go to her own classroom.

They stop outside of Miss Kenner's room and Theodore peaks in. The room is full of bright colors and playing children. "Doesn't it look fun in there?" "No!"

"Oh, you must be Theodore! I'm Miss Kenner." A teacher in her mid-forties walks up to them and kneels down. "Would you like to come in and play?" "No?" This time he doesn't seem so sure on his answer.

"Are you sure? We have toy cars." That's all it takes for him to let go of his mother's hand and go into the room. "Thank you. He really does not want to be here." "You're welcome. He's not the first one who didn't want to be here."

End of School Day

"And then Momma, Jackson and I played cars!" Theodore repeats the same story for the third time during the ride home. "I'll have you know Momma, that I made you a painting." Eva says snottily, clearly annoyed that Theodore is starting to repeat his story again.

"Ooo, what kind of painting?" Storm glances in the rearview mirror at her. "I can't tell you. It's a surprise." "I want to make Momma a surprise!" "No, I'm the only one who can make Momma a surprise." And so the arguing begins, aren't children great?

"Theodore, how about you make Daddy a surprise? He'll be sad that I got two and he got none." Smart move Momma, smart move.

The trio returns home and are immediately attacked with kisses from Patches. "Stop that!" Theodore giggles when the dog licks his chin.

"Come on you two." Storm beckons them inside the cabin. "How was your first day of school Eva?" Wilder takes his eyes off the pan of mac 'n cheese to look at his two pride and joys.

"It was good. Talle and I played adventurers at recess." Eva smiles as she throws her backpack down and plops into a seat at the table.

"What about you Theodore?"

"Oh Daddy it was terrible!"

"Really? Because in the truck you would not stop talking about you and Jackson playing cars." Storm interrupts.

Theodore gives Storm an annoyed look because he knows she's right. "He doesn't count! The rest of school was terrible! They made us eat apples at snack time and we had recess three times!" He shouts.

"Inside voice Theo."

"Oh my Theo, that sounds terrible." Wilder says in his best attempt to act like apples and recess are bad.