Graves

Just as I'm coming back with two mountain dews I see that damn Amelia flirting with Wilder. I don't know why, but it makes me want to beat her with a bar stool.

"Ah, there you are Storm. See? I told you I'm here with someone." He taunts Amelia. She gives me a death glare before stomping off to ruin someone else's day.

It's mere coincidence that Potential New Boyfriend is playing as she goes away.

Got my eye on a boy, he's eying me back. It's looking real good, this could be it and I know all of you girls would love to steal him away.

Damn right Dolly!

He bought me a drink and I thanked him real sweet. It's always so nice when you first meet and I know all of you women would love to steal him away. So I'm warning you...

"Better keep your hands off my. Better keep your hands off my. Better keep your hands off my potential new boyfriend. Building up an appetite. You can look but you can't buy. Better keep your hands off my potential new boyfriend." I take a second to hand him his MD before I continue singing, taunting Amelia who's sulking in the corner.

"Pretty as a picture, coming on so strong. He's twisting my ignition key, turn my motor on. But anyone can see, all his attentions on me. Give us some privacy!" That enough singing for me and I eagerly take some gulps of MD.

Wilder's Pov.

My mate does not like other females flirting with me. That means she can feel the bond even though she's human. This is good!

Storm gives the flirting woman one more dirty look and that's when I see the tattoo on her left arm.

It's her warrior mark

It's her warrior mark. Similar to my warrior mark, that never got completed.

"This was fun Wilder, but it looks like my friends have had a bit too much to drink. I've gotta drive them home." She says as Aaron walks in and grabs Delaney.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Storm curses at him. "Taking my girlfriend home." "Oh, you're Aaron."

With that Aaron takes my sister, his mate, home.

I watch as mate goes up to a curly haired woman. Storm's back is to me as she talks to the woman and that's when I notice the tattoo on the back of her right shoulder.

 Storm's back is to me as she talks to the woman and that's when I notice the tattoo on the back of her right shoulder

It's a tattoo of me in wolf form. No way! She has my picture permanently on her skin. I have to ask her about it.

I don't get the chance though because she grabs the curly haired and takes her outside. The familiar sound of her truck starting tells me she's leaving.

I should go home too. I'll get to see her one more time before she goes to sleep.

An hour later

I'm waiting in my normal spot in the bushes when she finally pulls up. I don't move out of my spot when she goes up to the cabin door. I just want to look at her, not interact with her.

She lets the dog out and he goes about peeing on different things in the yard. He must've caught my scent because he's heading toward's my hiding spot.

"Cowboy." I greet coldly him in canine. "Wolf." He greets me just as coldly. "Why does Storm smell like you?" He asks suspiciously.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie. "Wolf, I don't like you. But I can tell you want to keep Storm safe just like I do."

"Fine, I was with her."

"Cowboy heel! I need to empty all of this mountain dew outta me." She yells from the porch.

"Bye bye Wolf." He laughs as he runs up to her and they disappear in the cabin.

Delaney?

What do you want Wilder? I'm trying to sleep!

I got to talk to my mate! We even danced together!

I know. I'm the one who told you we were going to the bar today.

Oh yeah.

She's even better when I can actually talk to her.

Wilder, we can talk about this when I'm not trying to sleep. Okay?

Fine.

I get out of the bush and go to my den. Once inside I start thinking about what happened at the bar.

I finally managed to shift and meet my mate face to face. That alone is incredible. And I got to dance with her! She even has my picture tattooed on her back!

I have to tell someone all of this.

I get out of my den and go towards the Alpha's house. I turn left about a mile from the Alpha's house and walk into the pack cemetery.

The cemetery is sparse with only three head stones in it. Two for an old mated pair who died and one for Sarah Beth.

"Sarah! I have exciting news to tell you." I lay next to her grave and tell her all about what I know about Storm.

"It's good to see you finally shifted and met her." A voice says and my hackles raise. They lower once I realize it's Alpha Conan in wolf form.

"Alpha, you were right about giving the bond a chance. Having her in my arms tonight was by far the best thing ever."

"I'm happy for you Wilder. Does this mean you're going to return to the pack?" He asks while sitting on the opposite side of SB's grave.

"No. I want to keep my territory for awhile until I'm courting Storm. Then you can have it back."

"That's understandable."

The rest of the night I tell Alpha and Sarah Beth about Storm. Most of what I say is repetitive but they listen anyway.

"Did I tell you she has my wolf tattooed on her back?" This is new information.

"Really? Is it a new tattoo or an old one?" Alpha asks eagerly. "An old one."

"Hmm, that's weird. Have you ever seen her before that day at the lake?" "Never."

"This is definitely weird."

"She also has a warrior mark on her left arm." I say with a dreamy voice. "Two warriors destined to be together forever. Now that is a love story." Since when did Alpha become such a romantic?

"Once we're mated can I continue my warrior training and become a full fledged warrior?" I ask him. He stares at Sarah Beth's headstone before looking at me.

"It's what she would've wanted. I know you'll be the best warrior this pack has had in a long time."

"Thank you Alpha, for everything. I'm thankful you didn't give up on me when I lost it and made a territory within your territory." I give him a bow, my chin touching the grass.

"It's my job to take care of my pack Wilder. I want the best for you." I rise from my bow and give him an affectionate nuzzle before turning tail and going back to my territory.