Going to the Store

Narrator's Pov.

The new deal is put into motion that very night due to a loud thunderstorm. We all love storms don't we?

Storm and Wilder are sleeping out on the deck due to the baby sleeping in Storm's bed and Eva sleeping on the couch.

The way they are sleeping is the door, Storm, and then Wilder. Wilder convinced to her sleep like this so he can protect her which then made her mad because she's perfectly able to protect herself.

A soft pitter patter brings Wilder's hackles up. He opens his eyes expecting to see an intruder only to find it's raining. The rain is nothing to worry about and he goes back to sleep.

Except the rain is something to worry about because with rain there can be thunder. And thunder sounds a lot like bombs going off.

There's a bright flash in the night sky as the lightning strikes. A roll of thunder booms after it and causes Storm to awake in fright. Another flash and boom has Storm scrambling up in fright, her mind going back to that damned desert. It sucks that Cowboy's not here, these attacks wouldn't be happening if he was.

Wilder wakes up with her movement and is worried almost instantly. Storm is sitting up, staring out over the lake with distant eyes, and shaking uncontrollably.

In a blink Wilder shifts back and wraps his arms around Storm's shaking shoulders. Her shaking starts to slow and a few minutes later stops entirely. Her staring out over the lake doesn't stop though.

She starts to whine and Wilder runs a hand over her head to comfort her. "It's going to be okay, I'm here for you."

It's not until the storm ends that Storm finally calms down and goes back to sleep. Wilder sighs in content, the storm is over and his Storm is back to sleeping soundly.

He shifts back and lays down with his head on her back. He quickly falls asleep only to be awakened a few minutes later by her only hind leg kicking him.

He rolls his eyes and laughs. He moves so he can't be kicked and nuzzles her face. A small grin crosses her face and then goes back to her normal sleeping face.

Now content that she's sleeping well and can't kick him, he goes back to bed. And this time he isn't woken up until morning.

He wakes up before Storm does and decides he should take care of the kids before making breakfast.

"Storm wake up." He's in human form now and gently nudging her. Her eyes open and she looks at him before shifting back. "I'm so tired." She rubs her eyes before he helps her up. "I bet." He replies.

"I'll take care of the kids. I want you to not do anything but sit at the table." Wilder explains while they go inside. Storm doesn't bother arguing and does as she's told.

It doesn't take Wilder long to take care of the kids, though he is stressed out about what to feed the baby, who still doesn't have a name. "I don't know what to feed you." Wilder told the baby, rocking him in his arms. The baby doesn't make a sound and stares up at the older wolf.

Wilder carries the baby up to Storm and asks if she can hold him, which she does. "I don't know what we can feed him. He's so young." Wilder tells her while he takes a pan out and turns the stove on.

"I want pancakes!" Eva demands from her spot at the table. "Pancakes it is." He smiles at her. As Wilder cooks, Storm rocks the baby. "Aren't you cute?" She asks, rubbing the fuzz on his head. The baby makes some weird, happy baby noise in response.

"After we eat, I'll go to town and get baby formula." Storm informs him while he's giving Eva her plate of pancakes. "Do you want me to go with you?" Wilder turns to look at her. "No, I'll be okay." She assures him.