Death

Cowboy doesn't listen to his owner and keeps running into the forest. He ducks under low lying branches and jumps over large puddles. Storm isn't as nimble and continuously gets cut by the branches and more than once gets soaked by a puddle.

In an extra burst of energy, Cowboy runs into a bush and is lost from Storm's sight. "Cowboy, come back!" She cups her hands around her mouth and yells for the dog.

There's a flash of light and Storm's sent back to hell. "Fuck, here I go again." She curses when she realizes this is another PTSD episode.

Storm's screams and cries cause the forest animals to take off running. The darkness doesn't stop birds from fleeing their nests and trying to get as far away from Storm as possible.

Storm's screams aren't the only screams that are scaring the animals. In the pack house Luna Rose is pushing out a baby and is screaming in pain and agony. "Another push my love." Alpha Conan urges, his hand being crushed by his mate.

"Alpha Conan!" Delaney exclaims, running into the birthing room. "Shush!" The doctor turns and shushes her. "I'm a little busy right now. Can't it wait?" He snaps at Delaney and her mate.

"No sir, Lop is planning to attack the pack with his own pack of rogues!" Aaron tries telling Conan. "Phooey, Wilder got to you as well. Don't listen to him, he just wants to be freed. Lop isn't planning anything, now git! My pup is about to be born!" Conan gives them a murderous glare.

A blood curdling scream follows from Luna Rose and the mates leave in disappointment. "Why won't he listen to us?" Delaney asks, defeat strong in her tone. "He's too blinded by having a new pup." Aaron wraps an arm around Delaney in hopes of comforting her.

From his position at the distraction point Lop can hear every scream that comes out of Luna's Rose's mouth. His distraction has already been put forth into motion. This is the perfect time for the fire starters to strike.

Start the pack house on fire!

Lop feels no one to take the mind link. He tries the other wolf and feels the nothingness again.

"Fuck, they've been killed!" Lop curses his luck.

Strike now. Our fire starters have been killed. We have to go in fireless. Kill everyone in your path. I want no one spared!

At once the rogues spring forward from their positions in the forest, ready to kill on sight. Aaron and Delaney are just exiting the pack house when these rogues are springing.

The rogues set their sights on the mates. "Quickly back in the house. I'll hold them off." Aaron shoves Delaney back towards the house. She does as he orders and can't help but cry when she hears the fighting start.

"Alpha Conan, please. They're killing Aaron." Delaney sobs, running into the birthing room. Luna Rose is cradling the new crying pup to her chest and Alpha Conan shoots Delaney a "you're dead" look.

"I'll be back in a moment my love." He kisses Luna Rose's forehead before stalking over to Delaney and grabbing her by the arm. He drags her into the hallway and starts to growl.

"Why can't you just leave me alone with my family? Is that too much to ask?!" He shouts at the crying she-wolf. "Aaron is holding them off as we speak. Please Alpha, you have to do something." Delaney begs.

Conan walks to the window and looks out. The moonlight illuminates the fight scene below. His heart drops into his gut at the sight of Aaron being swarmed by rogues all in their wolf form. 'Why isn't he fighting in wolf form?' Conan wonders.

We are under attack. I repeat we are under attack. Everyone man your stations, we cannot let these rogues win!

The message goes out crisp and clear to all members of the pack, causing quite a few to feel terrified.

Alpha, we're already fighting them near the human town. There's about ten of them.

That's a distraction. There's more here and they're slaughtering everyone in their path.

On our way now.

"I have to help him!" Delaney exclaims, leaving Conan all alone so she can help her mate fight off the rogues. Conan doesn't move for a moment and watches the scene below.

The rogues are no longer attacking Aaron, that can't be good. With their work done, the rogues disperse in twos to go cause hell elsewhere.

Aaron is laying on the ground choking on his own blood when Delaney finally gets to him. "No! No!" Delaney wails, cradling her dying mate in her arms.

Aaron looks up at his mate and brushes the hair out of her face, smearing some of his blood on her in the process. More blood splutters out of his mouth and Delaney diligently wipes it away.

"I love you." She whimpers, her tears falling onto his cheeks. One pair of rogues turn around at the sound of a feminine voice. Their eyes gleam with murderous intent before they run full speed towards the female.

From his position Aaron sees them coming and weakly tries to push Delaney away. She doesn't understand though and stays holding him. She's too busy looking at her beloved mate to notice the rogues approaching.

"R-ru-run!" Aaron coughs out, his lungs filling with blood making it extremely hard to breath. "What?" Delaney asks him but it's too late. One rogue lunges forward and sinks his teeth into her skull. With a hard yank he rips her head clean off of her shoulders. He drops her head and it rolls to Aaron, as if even in death she wants to be with him.

Her body slumps forward, her neck leaking blood all over Aaron. His mouth fills with her blood and he's too weak to move out from under her. His lungs steadily fill with her blood and his, until he finally can't breath anymore.
Aaron dies with his mate, as it should be. Yet it shouldn't be, they had their whole lives ahead of them and now that's gone forever.

(Alright everybody, the end of the book is coming on us fast. Due to this, I am taking requests on things you want to see happen before it ends. I'm not guaranteeing I will use your request, but I'll try my hardest to put it in there.)