Cowboy

Wilder's Pov.

Something isn't right. I can feel it in my bones. Something isn't right with Storm.

"W-wolf! Help!" A bark off in the distance catches my attention. I get out of my den and run to the direction of the bark.

Storm's dog is slowly dragging himself across the ground, stopping often to cough up blood.

"Cowboy what happened?!" I yelp, running up to him. "Go..." he pauses to pant, "help Storm." This time he coughs up more blood.

"He's going to kill her. You have to help her!" Someone is hurting my mate. I bet it's that fucking fae.

Alpha, send a medic and backup. The fae is in my mate's cabin. Her dog is injured too.

I don't even wait for a response from Alpha Conan. "Help is on the way." I tell the dog before running at full speed to my mate.

I hear screams coming from her cabin and I kick it into an even faster speed.

I zoom up the steps and am frozen in the doorway. "You cock sucking piece of fairy shit!" Storm swings her prosthetic leg and smashes it into the fae's face.

I lunge forward and sink my teeth into his thigh. He lets out a scream and stabs the back of my neck. I don't let go and instead start shaking his leg back and forth.

"You two are no match for me!" He cackles as a force of energy surges out of him. I'm forced away from him and I watch in horror as his wound heals itself. He's taking energy from his contract with Alice!

I snarl at him, flashing him a warning with my fangs. I lunge forward and he dodges my attack.

"Stay away from my wolf!" I watch as Storm takes a few hoppy steps on her one leg and attempts to hit the fae with her leg. It doesn't work and she falls face first into the floor.

"Pathetic human." He laughs. While he's distracted, I chomp onto his arm and pull him onto the floor. With him on the ground, I let go of his arm and claw at his chest.

We roll across the floor, me doing my best to rip his throat out and him doing his best to deflect my attacks.

As we roll, I see Storm looming over us with her leg at the ready. She gives me a nod and I roll so the fae's on top of me.

I grimace when I feel her hit me as well as the fae. Her beating continues and she hits me almost as much as she hits him.

"Wilder backups here!" Alpha Conan yells. Storm swings her leg at him when he gets too close.

"I'm not the enemy here, he is!" He yells. Out of nowhere Delaney appears and grabs Storm so she can't swing her leg again.

Alpha Conan extends his claws and plunges them through the fae's throat. My face is splattered with blood and I grin. The cause of my mate's pain is finally dead.

Alpha grabs the fae and drags his body out of the cabin. "Are you okay Wilder?" Aaron asks, kneeling down to my level.

I give him a nod and stand up. I need to be with my mate. "Wait, I need to pull that knife out of your back." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I hardly notice the pain as he pulls the knife out.

"My mate. Where's my mate?" I ask him as I stand up and wipe some of the fae's blood off of my face.

"She's outside with Delaney." I rush outside and scan the area for Storm. She's laying down and the medic is examining her.

"Don't worry about me! Help Cowboy you stupid...." She trails off when the medic touches a bruise on her arm and makes her cry out.

"Just help Cowboy." She sobs. Where is that dog anyway? Go to my mate or find her dog? She's safe with Delaney and the medic, I'll find her dog.

"I'll find Cowboy for you." I kneel at her side and tell her. "Thank you!" She looks at me, or at least tries. Her eyes are rapidly moving side to side and she looks dizzy. "I'm so fucking dizzy."

I plant a kiss on her forehead before running to where I last saw Cowboy. He's still there but he looks worse than before.

"I'm here Cowboy. I'm bringing you to help." I say in my best calm voice as I pick him up. He whimpers when my fingers touch his ribs.

I do my best to rush back to Storm and the medic. "I'm dying." He whimpers. "No you're not! Storm needs you."

"Take care of her for me. Keep her safe." He looks up at me with fading eyes. "I'll protect her with my life."

"Thank you for saving her." The last of the light fades from his eyes and I feel him go limp in my arms.

"No, no, no! You can't be dead! Storm needs you."

I return to my mate with a heavy heart. How do I tell her that her dog is dead?

"Storm, I'm sorry." I lay her dog by her side. She reaches for the dog and pets him. "Why isn't he moving? Delaney why isn't he moving?" Panic rises in her voice.

"He's gone storm." Tears gush from my mate's eyes.

"No, I-I can stop the bleeding." Her eyes go wide and I can tell she's going into another one of her panic attacks.

"Jake, I can't stop the bleeding. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I can't bear to watch this. I sit down and pull her into my arms.

She sobs and sobs into my chest. I don't say a word and just gently stroke her hair. "It hurts! Why does it hurt so much?" She sobs.

"Wilder, we need to get your mate to the medical ward. That fae gave her quite a beating and he poisoned her." Alpha Conan rests his hand on my shoulder.

I look away from my sobbing mate and look up at the alpha. "Okay. Can you bury her dog under that tree over there." I distractedly point at some tree next to the cabin.

"Of course." Delaney replies.

Narrator's Pov.

Delaney picks up the dog and carries him over to the tree Wilder pointed out.

Meanwhile, the other three wolves head towards the pack house. Wilder easily carries his mate as if she weighs nothing.

"Is she going to be okay?" Wilder asks the medic, Karl. "I'm not sure. She keeps coughing up blood and she has bruises all over. I'm also not sure what kind of poison he gave her."

"She's going to be okay right!" Wilder demands of the young medic. "Y-yes. Of course she will!"

"Wilder! Don't threaten the man in charge of taking care of your mate!" Wilder's eyes darken at Conan's words.

"She's my mate! I'm in charge of taking care of her!" Wilder growls possessively, clutching Storm closer to his chest. Storm lets out a pained groan and Wilder immediately loosens his grip.

A little further on, Storm cries when Wilder accidentally brushes a large bruise, raking sympathy from all three males.

"You're going to be okay." Wilder tells her.

Karl shoots his alpha a questioning glance. Conan nods, signaling the young medic to just agree with the possessive male.