Wowf

"Stom, what's that?" Eva points to the figure sitting on my deck that's clearly waiting for me. "That's the wolf who lives near my cabin."

"Can I pet it?" She asks as I help her out of the truck. "Not unless he wants you to. I don't want him to bite you." I shoot him a warning look. If he bites her, I'm skinning him alive.

"Hi Wowf!" Eva waves to him while we walk up to the deck. He stands up and walks down the steps. He stops at the bottom of them and looks at her.

"You so handsome!" She gushes going forward with her hands out to pet him. "Eva! Don't pet him!" I scold her. "I's sorry." She apologizes to him.

Now she's just standing there staring at him. He wags his tail at her and she giggles. I watch with only slight concern when he goes forward and gently head butts her.

"Can I pet him now?" She whines. He looks at me and nods. "Sure." In a blink Eva is rubbing his ears. "Your ears are soft." She tells him. His tail is wagging faster now and he has a happy grin.

I maneuver around them and sit on the second step. "Sit here Eva," I pat a spot next to me, "it'll be easier to pet him from here." She does as I say and is immediately back to petting him except this time she can reach his ears better.

"Stom can we keep him?" She looks at me with puppy eyes. Well technically I am keeping him, technically. "He's a wild animal. You can't keep a wild animal, they need to be outside with other wild animals." Wilder lets out a huff at my words.

All of a sudden she says, "I gotta go potty." "Come on, I'll show you the bathroom." I take her hand and lead her into the cabin. While she uses the bathroom, I start making something to eat. Little kids like Mac 'n Cheese right?

I watch with amusement when Eva goes back outside to play with Wilder and she blows kisses at him. She hasn't once asked about Cowboy and I'm glad she hasn't.

Soon enough the two are playing tag and having the time of their lives.

"Food's ready!" I call out to them. In a flash Eva abandons tag and runs into the cabin.

"What're we having?" I look up from dishing Eva a bowl to see Wilder leaning against the doorframe.

"Mac chess!" Eva tells him excitedly, taking the bowl from me and skipping to the table. "Can I have a bowl?" He asks. "Sure."

I dish him up a bowl and he goes and sits directly across from Eva. When I come over to sit Wilder's just about to take a bite.

"No!" Eva yells at him. He lowers his spoon and cocks a brow. "No eating tiwl prawer!" I stifle a chuckle at her. She's so serious about it.

I sit next to her and fold my hands. "You can lead us Eva." I tell her. She lowers her head and folds her hands, signaling me to lower my head.

"God, tank you for Stom and Wowf and, who are you?" "Wilder." "Wiwder. Pwease help Mommy get better. Tank you God. I lub you." She finishes her prayer and starts eating happily.

"Can Wowf have some?" She asks once her bowl is almost empty. "There isn't any left to give him." "Yes! Wook!" She tilts her bowl and shows me the little bit that's left.

"Okay, you can go put it out," she jumps from her chair and runs for the door, "but wait for me!" I call after her.

"Where's Wowf?" She pouts when she sees he's not there. "It's getting late, he probably went home. He has a bedtime just like you do." I sure hope she has a bedtime.