Contest

The Next Morning

Alpha?

What?

Have livestock been being killed again?

Yes.

I'm being framed. I haven't killed livestock since I met Storm.

I'll send Lop out to investigate.

Who is Lop? What kind of name in Lop?

Thank you Alpha.

With the conversation over I close the mind link and shift back with plans of making my mate and the child breakfast.

Narrator's Pov.

Alpha Conan instructs Lop to visit every farm in the territory who has lost livestock of any kind.

Now Lop is a man who is well trained in the art of investigating. Which is why it's easy for him to find much evidence of Wilder's supposed wrongdoings.

The first farm the young wolf visits has some awfully well placed wolf tracks in the mud near the massacred pig.

The next farm has dark fur snagged on the barbwire of the cattle pasture.

The farm after that has piss markings on the side of the chicken shack where all the chickens who were torn apart used to reside.

"Good job boys." Lop mutters as he leans over to examine claw marks at the fourth farm. These claw marks are deep in the wooden fence and will not be easily sanded out.

Alpha Conan, sir, I've found sufficient evidence that Wilder has in fact killed these farmers' livestock.

I was hoping he hadn't.

What are we going to do about him Alpha Conan? We can't let him keep going around and killing whenever he wants to.

I'll talk to him about it.

Talking won't stop him from killing. We need to put him in prison. That's the only way we can ensure he won't keep killing.

I can make decisions for myself Lop, but I will take what you said into consideration.

The investigator rolls his eyes. Alpha Conan is supposed to listen to everything he says!

"Even though Alpha's dumb as a box of rocks, he'll get what's coming for him. Just you wait, you'll get it. You'll all get it!" Lop cackles.

Anyway, while Lop is busy cackling, Wilder is busy trying to woo his mate.

"What do you think?" He asks after Storm and Eva admire his "work." His work as he calls it is a crude drawing of Storm and Eva in the dirt. Think Toothless' drawing of Hiccup but worse.

"Ih-it's very..." Storm trails off as she tries to find a way to not insult Wilder or his drawing. Wilder himself is squatted by the drawing, looking up at his mate with pride. She can't crush that prideful, happy look.

"The lines are nice." She decides and she isn't lying. She believes the lines are nice, just not how the lines are put together.

"No they're not!" Eva suddenly says. "It's the worse drawing ever!" A sad looks flashes on Wilder's face for no more than three seconds before he masks it.