Chapter 7: Training

Third P.O.V 

Shifu was currently under the Peach tree, grieving his master's passing. When something catches his ear, the sound of Po yelling. It sounded like he was fighting so Shifu went to the training hall first. But there was not sign of Po. He then hears Po yell again and began to follow it, seeing it lead to the living quarters. Shifu then walks towards the food storage where he sees Po doing Kung Fu moves to grab a cookie. Tai Lee sitting there just watching this happen as she helps herself to her cookies. "He's been at this all morning." Tai Lee says to Shifu. 

Shifu stood at the door shocked and Po notices him at the door; causing him to freeze. Shifu then looks around and notices all the damages, then looks at Po. "What? I eat when I'm upset. Ok?" Po defends himself. "Oh, no need to explain. I just thought you might be Monkey. He hide's his almond cookies on the top shelf." Shifu said as he began to talk off. "Ooo, grab me one please!" Tai Lee says excitedly. 

Po smiles and scurries off to get those cookies. Shifu didn't know how but he comes back into the room, after hearing a few pots break and whooshes, and finds Po at the corner of the room holding himself up as he eats Monkey's cookies. Po continues to munch, Tai Lee giggling at how adorable he looks, until he realizes Shifu is back. "Don't tell Monkey." Po says sheepishly with a shocked look. "Look at you." Shifu marveled. "Yeah, I know. I disgust you." Po said, ashamed. 

"No, no. I mean, how did you get up there?" Shifu asks in amazement. "I dont know..I guess that.. I dont know. I was getting cookie." Po said as he continued to eat cookies. "And yet you are ten feet of the ground. And have done a perfect split." Shifu says. "No. This? This is just...and accident." Po said, pausing because he started slipping and fell down. The cookie he was holding rolled off in front of Shifu. "There are no accidents." Shifu said as he grabbed the cookie and smiled. Tai Lee beamed and smiled at this, not only because Shifu is changing his ways, but also because he used Master Oogway's line. This made her heart swell. 

"Come with me you two." Shifu said. "Come on big guy." Tai Lee said as she helped Po up off the ground. Shifu had then pack a quick bag because of the journey they were going to make. Tai Lee knew where they were going and grew excited, resisting the urge to run again of them. Especially since Po needed some help along the way since Cardio wasn't his strong suit. "I know you're trying be all mystical and kung fuey...but could you at least tell me where we're going?" Po asked, but he received no answer. 

They made it to the top, Po far behind the two fo them. Po staggered and fell over, taking off his back pack. Shifu was meditating while Tai Lee sat by the water admiring it. "You..dragged me..all the way out here...for a bath?" Po panted as he dunked his hand in the water. "Po! No-." Tai Lee tried to stop him but it's already been done. "Panda...we do not wash our pits in the Pool of Sacred Tears." Shifu said, without even opening his eyes. "Huh? Pool of..." Po said, like a dear caught in headlights,  shaking the water off his hand. 

"This is where Oogway unraveled the mysteries...of harmony and focus. This is the birthplace...of Kung Fu." Shifu said. Po gasped as he put his hand over his heart. As shifu did the maneuvers as Oogway once did, Tai Lee couldn't help but remember the time Oogway brought her here as well. When she first got here she drank water from the pool of sacred tears, which amused Oogway at the time. 

"Do you want to learn Kung Fu?" Shifu asked at the top fo the rock pile ."Yeah." Po said. "Then I am your master!" shifu said proudly. "Okay!" Po said, his voice breaking little. "Don't cry." shifu said. "Okay." Po said, wiping his nose. Tai Lee sat by and watch, there if Shifu needed her for an exercise. They started off in a grassy field that had a few scattered rocks. "When yo focus on Kung Fu, when you concentrate...you stink." shifu said, making Po's face fall. "But perhaps that is my fault. I cannot train you the way I have trained the Five. I now see that the way to get through to you...is with this." Shifu said as he revealed a bowl of dumplings.