Chapter 2: Answers

Third P.O.V

The two of them made their way to Mr. Ping's noodle shop. "Thank you, thank you for coming to Dragon Warrior Noodles and Tofu." Mr. Ping said to customers as he walked around. "The Dragon Warrior's mop. He mopped these very floors." One of the rabbit villagers said as they go to touch the mop that hung on the wall. "Uh, no touching! You'll get the mom dirty." Mr. Ping said. "He once waited on me. I have the stain to prove it." One of the villagers boasted. "Hey, where's the Dragon Warrior?" the villager asked Mr. Ping.

"He doesn't work here anymore. He's busy out there protecting the valley." Mr. Ping said. The villager then noticed Po and Tai Lee at the entrance of the shop. "The Dragon Warrior and the Princess of Peace!" the villagers exclaimed as they all noticed the two there, all of them bowing. "Po!" Mr. Ping said in surprise. A rabbit villager held her baby to Po and he kissed it on the head, the villager doing the same to Tai Lee and she does the same. Awing at how cute the baby bunny was as it gurgled. "You should have told me you were coming." Mr. Ping said. "Hey dad." Po said as he hugged Po. "And bringing your lady friend, hello Tai Lee." Mr. Ping said as he nudged Po's side and hugged Tai lee. The two sharing a look and a blush at Mr. Ping's remark.

"I would of saved you some stinky tofu." Mr. Ping said. "Dad, can I talk to you real quick?" Po asked. "Of course, son. In honor of my son free tofu desert for everybody." Mr. Ping said, making everyone cheer. "with purchase." Mr. Ping added, making everyone groan. Tai Lee giggled at this. "It's so good to see you, Po. Have you finally brought Tai Lee over for dinner." Mr. Ping teased. "Daaad." Po groaned, giving his dad a look to stop before his dad reveals his feelings towards Tai Lee. Lucky for Po she was busy at the counter. She couldn't help but start taking people's order while standing at the front counter. Writing them down for Mr. Ping.

"She's a keeper son. You should bring her over more often." Mr. Ping whispers as he nudges PO. " Have you lost weight? I can almost put my wings around you." Mr. Ping said as he hugged Po again and realized how much thinner he seemed. "Ah, well, maybe a little." Po said. " I know right? Shifu insisted, but don't worry Mr. Ping. I make sure he's eating. Also is it alright if I take these to customers?" Tai Lee said as she was getting bowls ready for orders.

"Poor you, you must feel weak. Let me get you and Tai Lee some soup. And of course Tai Lee, I trust my son has taught you the basics." Mr. Ping said, not minding at all that Tai Lee is helping out. "You know it." Tai Lee said with a salute, as she prepared bowls, cut some veggies that they requested specifically, and brought them out to the customers. She then got caught up in talking to some of the villagers about some journeys she's had and getting painted pictures with some of them.

Po took this opportunity to talk to his dad alone, father to son. "No, that's ok dad. I'm not hungry. But I'm sure Tai Lee would love some." Po said. "Not hungry? Po are you alright?" Mr. Ping asked as he goes to prep some veggies for the soup. "Yeah. No, I'm fine. I just...earlier today we were fighting these bandits. Nothing too dangerous. They were just...you know..." Po said as his dad said 'uh-huh's, understanding.

"And then the strangest thing happened, I had this crazy vision. I think I saw my mom and me...as a baby." Po explained. "What? A mom? A baby?" Mr. Ping said, a little stunned that this question finally came. "Um...dad..." Po said, trying to formulate the question. "What are you talking about? Uh...." Mr. Ping said nervously, he wasn't prepared for this question, as he looked at the painted pictures of young him and little Po.

"Um...dad..." Po said, trying to formulate the question. "What are you talking about? Uh...." Mr. Ping said nervously, he wasn't prepared for this question, as he looked at the painted pictures of young him and little Po. "How do I say this? Where did I come from?" Po asked. Mr. Ping reluctantly turned around. "Well, you see son, baby geese come from a little egg. Don't ask me where the egg comes from." Mr. Ping said, trying to avoid the real answer to Po's question. "Dad, that's not what I meant." Po said