Chapter 7: Panda Training 2.0

(A/N: I'm publishing this again because I got a comment saying I should change the Jombie Oogway that Tai Lee fights to Tai Lung. And I thought that was a genius idea✨.)

Third P.O.V 

Po gathered all the eligible pandas in the village to begin training them for the upcoming battle with Kai and his jade zombies. "You guys, your real strength comes from being the best you, you can be. So, who are you?" Po said to motivate the pandas. He watched at the young pandas kick around the ball without dropping it. "What are you good at?" Po asked. He then watched as Mei Mei ribbon danced. "What do you love?" he asked. Then he watched as the pandas launched another from the hammocks in the bamboo trees. "What makes you, you?" Po asked. 

He proud fully watched at the kids continue kicking the ball around. "Yes. Good, good. Again!" Po said. Tigress watching in confusion. Tai Lee giving her a look that says 'trust him'. Then the three of them went to see the pandas roll down the hill. "Good. Again!" Po said. Then the panda that loves hugs was hugging a stump. "Good, good, good. Again!" Po encouraged. "Wha?" Tigress said in confusion. "Spotty baby! Spotty baby!" Lei said as she approached Tai Lee. 

Po then coached Mei Mei through her ribbon twirling. "Faster, faster! Swirl those ribbons!" Po said. Then he went to the panda hugging the log. "Hug that log you! Hug that log like its the last time you're ever gonna hug it goodbye forever." Po coached. He then turned to the panda on the hammock launcher. "Higher! And a little more to the left this time. You can do it!" Po encouraged. Po then went back to the kids and had a bowl of dumplings. "I dont want to see any of these hit the ground!" Po said as he tossed the dumplings in the air. The kids then catching and kicking it like they did with the balls.

 Li was building weapons to defend themselves out of bamboo, while Mr. Ping was making sure everyone is well fed. Meanwhile, Tai Lee was giggling as she tried to get Lei off her carefully, Tigress helping. The panda's strength in hugging the log got so strong, it crushed under his grip. "Good, try it with this." Po said as he handed over a big rock for him to train his hugging grip. He then went to the kids who were kicking the dumplings. "Now try it with these!" Po said as he handed them firecrackers. Mei Mei was getting more agile in her movements in ribbon dancing, so Po handed her some nunchucks. "Good, now try it with these." Po said. 

"They are ready." Po said after they spent majority of the morning training until the sun was out from the horizon. "Great job Po." Tai Lee said as she held Lei in her arms. "What?" Tigress said in confusion as she looked at the two of them. Po then gathered everyone up to go over the game plan. There was a drawing of the area with food representing the different groups. "Okay, pay attention, 'cause I'm only gonna go over this ten more times." Po said as he held a bamboo stick. "The only entrance to the village is here. the dumpling squadron will take position here. While the cookie squadron will take position here." Po said as he pushed the two food groups across the map. There the panda cubs looked at the food with a sparkle in their eyes. 

"Now on my signal, the two squadrons will..." Po said but was interrupted by the panda cubs eating the two 'squadrons'. Making everyone giggle. "Right, okay. The noodle squadron will..." Po said as he gestured to where he had the noodle squadron, only to see the other panda cubs eat it. Everyone laughed as Po brushed it off and continued on. "Right anyway, the important thing to remember is that his spot where--" Po said as he pointed with the bamboo stick, but gasps as the panda cub eats it. "Okay, I saw that coming." Po said with an amused look. "If you only remember one thing, it's distract the jombies until I get close enough to put a Wuxi Finger Hold on Kai. Got it?" Po instructed. Everyone cheering in response and then walking off to prepare. "Pandas on three! One, two , three, pan-...Guys? Never mind, I'll teach you that later." Po said as he put his hand in, but seeing no one joining in with him he stopped.