Chapter 9: Tai Lung Returns

Third P.O.V 

The Five and Po make their way down the stairs as the villagers are packing up their necessities. "We have to get them out safely." Tigress said. "Come little one. Lets go find your mama." Monkey said as he picked up a lost pig baby. "Viper, gather the souther farmers. "Mantis, the north. Crane, light the way."  Tigress says as she hands Crain the lantern. She then goes to help a rabbit lady with her cart. 

Po makes it all the way down and then heads to his dad's noodle shop. "Look, it's the dragon warrior." one of the villagers say sarcastically. Po hears this and puts his head down in slight shame. "Uh..hey dad." Po said, making his presence known. Mr. Ping runs over and hugs Po. "Good to have you back son." he said as he put Po's noodle apron on him. "Good to be back." Po says under his breath. 

"Let's go Po." Mr. Ping says as he tries to drag their cart of stuff. Po comes in and takes over pulling the cart. "So for our next shop it's time to face it. The future of noodles is dice cut vegetables, no longer slices. Also, I was thinking maybe this time we'll have a kitchen you can actually stand up in. You like that?" Mr. Ping said as he turned to his son. But Po stopped walking and had his head down. 

"Po...I-I'm sorry if things didn't work out. It just wasn't meant to be." Mr. Ping said. Po leans on the cart in defeat. "Po, forget everything else. Your destiny still awaits. We are noodle folk. Broth runs deep through our veins." Mr. Ping said. "I dont know dad. Honestly something can't even believe I'm actually your son." Po said, making his dad flabbergasted. "Po..I think it's time I told you something I should have told you...a long time ago." Mr. Ping said, intriguing Po. 

"The secret ingredient of my secret ingredient soup." Mr. Ping whispered, Po nodding in realization. "the secret ingredient is...nothing." Mr. Ping said mystically. "What?" Po said in shock. "You heard me, nothing. There is no secret ingredient." Mr. Ping repeated. "Wait, wait. It's just plain old noodle soup? You don't add some kind of special sauce or something?" Po asked. "Don't have to. To make something special, you just have to belie it's special." Mr. Ping said. 

Po then had an epiphany, he grabbed the dragon scroll and opened it up. He tilted it and seen that the gold was meant to be a reflection. "There is no secret ingredient." Po said in realization, turning towards the Jade Palace. 

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

Shifu stood at the steps while Tai Lee stayed inside. Thunder rumbled in the cloudy sky. Shifu could see in the distance the trail of lights as the villagers made their way out of the Vally. Lighting flashes as Shifu closed his eyes, only to open them to Tai Lung. "I have come home, master." Tai Lung said. "This is no longer your home and I am no longer your master." Shifu said sternly. "Oh yes, you have a new favorite. So where is this Po? Did I scare him off?" Tai Lung said. 

"This battle is between you and me." Shifu said. "So, that is how it's going to be." Tai Lung said. "That is how it must be." Shifu said, readying himself for a fight. Tai Lung growled and jumped into the air. Before he could land on shifu with his kick, Shifu moved out of the way. Causing Tai Lung to crack the steps. Tai Lung took a chunk of the ground and threw it at Shifu, who breaks it. But that gave Tai Lung time to charge at him, taking Shifu by surprise and shoving him through the door. 

"Shifu!" Tai Lee said, alarmed as wood chips fly everywhere. And there she saw her dad. "I rotted in 20 years because of your weakness. Missing the chance to raise my daughter and watch her grow up." Tai Lung said, Tai Lee was surprised he remembered her. "Obeying your master is not weakness!" Shifu said. "You knew I was the Dragon Warrior. You always knew. But when Oogway said otherwise, and took my daughter from me, what did you do? Nothing!" Tai Lung said. 

"You were not meant to be the dragon warrior! That was not my fault! It's not my fault Oogway saw you unfit to raise Tai Lee, your actions did that." Shifu said. "Not your fault!? Who filled my head with dreams? Who drove me to rain until my bones cracked?! Who denied me my destiny?!" Tai Lung said as he threw differed things at Shifu.