004 | Striking Storm

"Strike!" I cheered as I turned around to see Taehyung raise his eyebrows, staring at the scoreboard

"You have to be cheating! Do you know the owners here? Have you got superpowers?" He rambled on, finally standing up to take his turn.

Once again, I had got a strike, making me ahead of him.

"As I said, I'm very good at bowling." I sat down and grabbed my bottle of water from the table next to us.

Taehyung rolled his last bowling ball, gaining a result of nothing as the ball went into the side gutter.

I covered my face with my hands, trying my best not to laugh as he stormed up back to the booth.

"Don't worry, you were great. " I side hugged him as we then gathered our stuff. We put our normal shoes back on and gave the other one's back, ready to head back out.

"I still can't believe you won." He sighed, "I was so close."

I chuckled, "Such a bad loser," I teased. "I must admit, I did have fun."

Taehyung smiled as he held the door open for me, "That's all I needed to hear. I'm glad."

Once we walked out of the building, we noticed the roads were starting to flood with the ongoing rain.

"Is it even worth trying to drive in this?" I asked. Taehyung sighed, trying his best to lift his head from the ground as the wind started to gain strength again.

"What a horrible day. What should we do?"

He gently pushed me back into the shelter at the entrance of the bowling hall. "I've got an idea..." before I could say anything else, I ran.

"Ava! Stop!" Taehyung's voice could be heard in the distance. It was like a breath of fresh air I've been waiting for.

Running in the rain.

I loved it.

The freedom I felt, it was like all my problems were gone for that split second.

I started to slow down as I turned around to see Taehyung almost caught up with me. "Are you insane?" He coughed, "You're going to get sick, it's freezing out here!" He worriedly took off his jacket and put it over my head.

"I'll be fine." I pulled the jacket off of my head and passed it back over to him. "You need it the most. You can't walk around in just a shirt in this weather."

Taehyung took back his jacket as he continued walking. "Let's go, the storm is getting worse. Let's get you home."

I ran over towards him as we started to run again, heading to my house. When we entered the street, I noticed Yoongi's car was still parked outside of the house.

"That lying bastard," I mumbled before opening the door. I rushed into the house, taking off my shoes at the entrance.

"Hello?" I yelled out.

Loud music vibrated from the walls as I opened the living room door, "Ava, Taehyung, you're back!" Yoongi smiled, "How was your day?"

I looked over to see the coffee table full of alcohol and snacks as Namjoon and Jungkook surrounded it along with Yoongi.

"It was good. The roads are flooded, so we had to run home."

"Nice to see you again," Jungkook said, waving towards me.

"And you, Jungkook," I waved back.

"Where's my greeting?" Namjoon asked, "You are here every other day. What do you mean?" I sighed. "Anyway, I thought you were going out, Yoongi?"

He shook his head, "I picked up Namjoon and Jungkook decided to come along too, but the weather was terrible, so we decided on vodka and a game of cards."

"Taehyung, do you want to join us? Ava, you're more than welcome as well," Yoongi offered.

"Sure!" Taehyung said. Making his way towards the table, he looked over to me like he wanted me to follow him, "I'll pass for today, have fun."

Taehyung looked a bit disappointed but eventually sat down next to Jungkook.

"We should have asked Jimin, facetime him Namjoon, he can drink with us too."

I soon heard shot glasses clinking together as I made it back up to my room.

I opened my bedroom door and patted myself dry with a towel and got changed into some pyjamas. I then dragged myself back over to my beloved chair. Reaching for my blanket, I got myself comfortable as I felt my eyes get heavy.

What a day this has been. I shivered in my blanket, knowing it was too cold just to be under a blanket in this weather. I got up from my chair and passed by Hoseok's boxes and finally got under my covers, making sure I was warm enough in my bed.

The double bed had always felt so lonely sleeping in it alone. It was a horrible feeling, knowing someone you truly loved once slept in the same bed.

Now it was just me and my restless thoughts.