018 | Another Chance Of Life

I didn't sleep a wink. Throughout the night I was debating with myself on what to do.

Today was the day, the day he left the country and it was still unknown if I should follow him or stay here.

I looked towards the corner with Hoseok's things piled high as I sighed. I can't live like this forever, I had to force myself to go. For a better life.

I wanted to be with Taehyung. He made me happy, I can't just lose him like this when the opportunity is right in front of me, I had a chance to go with him and I'm going to take it.

I got out of bed and reached under to pull out my black suitcase. I unzipped it and took out my bags that were hiding in it. I started to grab all of the clothes I could and forced everything to fit. Making sure I had everything I would need, I lastly grabbed the teddy bear hobi got me.

Struggling to get my suitcase from the top of the stairs to the bottom, I finally made it to the kitchen with it to see Yoongi peacefully eating his cereal.

Yoongi soon looks up to see me with my luggage and stands up, pushing his bowl away from him.

"As much as I don't want to leave. I love him, I truly do, he has made me so happy. I can't let him go." Yoongi looked at me with tears in his eyes as he hugged me, "Your flight is in 3 hours, we need to go now." He quickly grabbed my suitcase from me, running away.

"Where are you going?"

"To get your passport and flight documents, Taehyung sent me them last night."

My eyes widened as he chuckled, "Don't act surprised, we all knew you would go." Yoongi said, giving me my passport along with the printed paper.

"Wait." I said, stopping him as he ran towards the door, "I want to visit everyone first."

"You don't have time to stop at everyone's house. How about Jimin's house and then the airport?" Yoongi offered.

"Jimin's then Hoseok's grave and you've got a deal."

~

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you anything, I thought it would be more romantic if Taehyung told you, but clearly, I was wrong." Jimin joked.

"Man, I'm going to miss you so much." My eyes watered as I gave him another hug. "Don't worry, you haven't seen the last of me. I will bug Taehyung until he lets me come visit you." Jimin winked, cheering me up.

"Best friends for life," he added before giving me a high five.

"Be good. Don't go out clubbing yourself. Get someone to go with you, text me every day!" I pleaded, knowing my time was up visiting Jimin.

"I won't allow myself to live a day and not text you. I will make sure Yoongi will be okay, you can count on me." Jimin kissed my cheek as he waved me goodbye.

I held my breath, trying my best not to break down as Yoongi drove away.

"That was so hard," I tried to say as my voice broke. "This is going to be the hardest part."

Walking towards his grave for the last time for a while hurt. I finally got the courage to visit him and now I'm leaving him again. Today was a special day. I will be learning how to move on. I will be learning to let go, I will live my life again.

"You must have sent him from heaven," I chuckled staring at hobi's grave, "He is an angel." I sighed.

"I'll be gone for a while... when I'm back, I promise this is where I will come first. But for now, you'll be in my thoughts and forever in my heart. I wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for everyone. They cheered me on. They helped me be who I am today. I'm grateful for them, it's time for a fresh start." I shivered.

"I love you Hoseok, I'll love you for infinity."

Walking away, I had to keep reminding myself I was doing a good thing.

I walked backed into the car as Yoongi sat in silence waiting for me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"For once, I'm feeling good."

Yoongi shined a bright smile as he started to reverse. "Let's get you to the airport."

On the way, we were lucky to skip the morning traffic as hardly anyone was on the roads. I kept staring at the time. I had to make it.

When we arrived, Yoongi slowly took his hands off the wheel and looked at me, "Here we are." He smiled weakly. He got out of the car and helped me with my luggage as I stood holding in my tears.

"Be good. I'm a phone call away. I love you." He said wrapping his hands around me.

"I love you too, tell everyone I wanted to say goodbye but the timing. I'll be back soon to visit." I forced a smile as I hugged him again one last time.

I walked towards the entrance of the airport and turned around to see Yoongi get back into his car wiping his face. I waved to him before turning my heel and walked into the airport. I ran straight to the board to see what check-in desk I was at.

Once I was finished checking in and past security, I ran back to the boards as they flashed.

"Shit."

It was the last call. I quickly ran towards the gate as I forced myself to keep running, I couldn't lose this opportunity over my stubbornness.

I noticed a few more people waiting to board the plane. I stopped to look around to see Taehyung sitting on the closest chair, fixing his glasses.

"Taehyung!" I yelled, running again, trying to get his attention.

He looked up and dropped his bag onto the floor, opening his arms wide. I ran straight into his arms as I caught my breath again.

"I'm so sorry. I should have let you finish telling me. I'm sorry I cut you off I-"

Taehyung finally cut me off by smashing his lips onto mine as he hugged me tighter.

"I was in the wrong for not telling you sooner. I'm just thankful you decided to come."

Taehyung picked up his bag as I noticed we were the last ones left to board.

"Are you ready?" He asked, gently squeezing my hand.

I exhaled as the smile on my face never left. "Let's go make some memories."

The end.

~

Thank you to whoever read this short story! I hope you enjoyed it<3