002 | Therapy

"Don't you dare!"

"Don't you dare!"

Hoseok came running closer with a bucket of cold water in his hands. I tried to run away until he chucked the water over me, tackling me into a hug.

"Got you back!" He chuckled.

A grin appeared on my face, watching the videos I had stored on my phone. Once in a blue moon, I would watch videos of Hoseok and I. I normally watched them to bring up memories I was slowly forgetting.

"Ava, come on, you are going to be late." Yoongi softly placed his hand on my shoulder. He looked down at my phone noticing I was watching the videos of the old me.

"We can't be late again, Jin's waiting for you."

I shut my phone off and followed Yoongi to the car. Ever since Hoseok passed, Yoongi decided to book me into therapy since he's been worrying nonstop about me. Jin was a great man, but I hated going. I hated talking about Hobi to other people.

The journey to my appointment was quiet. Yoongi knew that I preferred silence on journeys like this, I was dreading it.

Once we made it to the reception, I noticed Taehyung again. I stood surprised to see his face. I thought last night would be just a one-off and he would go back to America again.

"Taehyung?"

"Ava? Glad to see you again!" Taehyung got up from his seat and shook hands with Yoongi.

"It's great to see you Tae," Yoongi smiled. "Ava has her weekly appointment with Jin at 1."

Did he work here? Was he really back for good this time?

"If you sit over there, I will inform him!"

~~~

"Let's start from where we last left off," Seokjin calmly said, flicking through the notes. His eyes examined the scribbles on the small piece of paper. Sighing, he looked up to face me as I sat opposite him on the old wooden chair.

"Have you been practising doing one thing at a time? How did it go looking through old memories?"

I struggled to reply to him, his eyes softly lit up as I began to speak, "It made me happy knowing how much he loved life. The video I watched this morning made me realise how the world picks the wrong people to leave."

"Absolutely, you're really improving a lot. It may not seem like it, but you are making everyone proud of how you are handling yourself."

Jin paused while closing his book. He leaned forward, fixing his glasses as he exhaled. "There's just something that feels off? I just feel like you're punishing yourself, to finally get better you've got to let go of blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault."

"But I don't want to let go," I held my breath, forcing my tears to not fall. Everything Jin said was true, and I knew he was right I just couldn't accept it.

"I don't want to let go, I'm scared."

"You're a brave girl, Ava. For next week why don't you try taking more little steps? Why don't you go through his belongings?"

I bit my lip, nervously shaking my head, "It's still too soon, I can't do that yet." I declined the task. There were too many things in my room of his. "It's all inboxes. My brother had to box it all up I can't look at anything yet."

Jin itched the back of his head, "And that's okay. It's all about taking little steps at a time until you feel ready, I can't rush you into doing things and I won't because I care."

I looked up at Jin. "Thank you," I mumbled.

A buzzing sound came from the office door interrupting us as Taehyung walked into the room.

"Your 1:30 appointment is here," Taehyung said, gazing over to meet my eyes.

"Thank you Taehyung, we are just finishing."

I nodded standing up. "Just remember what I told you, this isn't your fault Ava. Just keep working on your breathing and if you ever need to talk to someone even before our next appointment, I'm here for you."

Jin softly put his hand on my back, guiding me out of the office. "I'll see you next week." He smiled while walking away.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, "I'm sorry for just walking in like that, I never wanted to interrupt."

"It's fine. It wasn't the best appointment today, it's just tiring." I sighed. We walked over to the front to see Yoongi sitting in the waiting area for me.

"Ready?" Yoongi asked, standing up.

I nodded, "Let's get out of here."

Yoongi turned to face Taehyung as he smiled, "Thanks for walking with her. Have a nice day." Yoongi said as he pushed the door open for me.

"Oh, Ava!" Taehyung called out, "I was wondering if you wanted to do something tomorrow? I'm not sure if you're up for it, but it'll be good to get out."

I looked over to Yoongi to read his expressions, I just didn't know if this was a good idea or not. I haven't been out in months. I've just been by myself. I just needed myself.

"I think that would be a good idea," Yoongi agreed. "I'll make sure she is ready for 12."

My eyes widened as Yoongi now dragged me out of the building. "What did you say that for?" I groaned, "It's about time you went out, go have fun! You never know, you might enjoy your time tomorrow."

"Hmm, okay." I sighed.

Yoongi opened the car as we both got in. I shut the door as he started the engine.

"Let's go home."