005 | Nightly Struggles

Reaching for my nightly dose of medication, I heard the continuous yells from below me

I knew tonight was going to be a long one. Even with my medication, it still wasn't enough to knock me out.

As I leaned over to get the cable to charge my phone, I started to hear less rambling. The noise started to die down as three soft knocks were placed on my door. I watched it slowly open to see Yoongi stumbling into my room, switching my main lights on.

"What are you doing? Get them off!" I yelled, closing my eyes with the sudden brightness.

"Shhh! I was just coming to say they're all staying tonight with the storm. We are going to be up for another few hours, so do you want to join us? Taehyung won't tell us anything that happened today. Did you really beat his ass at bowling?" Yoongi rambled on.

I opened my eyes to see him still standing at my door, "Yes I did, I'm not coming down. I don't feel like taking part so don't bother trying to peer pressure me. I've taken my meds, I should be out cold in a few minutes."

Well, I hope I would be.

I watched Yoongi switch my light back off as I was surrounded by darkness again. Some people hate the dark but I loved it, I loved being alone in the dark, it was some sort of comfort.

"Whatever, I should get it out of Taehyung eventually," he chuckled.

"Yoongi, we are about to start another game!" Namjoon yelled from the bottom of the staircase.

I sighed as I got more comfortable in my bed. "you should go back to your games and leave Taehyung alone." I mumbled, before closing my eyes again.

Before I knew it, the meds had actually kicked in and I was out cold for the night, tightly tucked in with an unbearable silence within the room.

~

I woke up bright and early as the birds chirped away, singing to one another. The storm had now passed as the sky was a bright blue with a few clouds dotted around the areas.

"Finally, it stopped." I yawned. I got up and stretched, making my way towards the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I was finished with all my morning businesses, I made my way downstairs towards the living room to see it trashed with glass bottles all over the place with some half-filled.

"How much did you guys drink last night?" I about gagged at the sight of it all, the hangover they are about to have is going to be dreadful.

Namjoon turned over to see me standing over them all, "Good morning," He yawned as he stretched for his phone.

"Are you just up?" I asked.

Namjoon shook his head, "I've been up for a few hours now, Taehyung woke me up."

I looked around to see Taehyung nowhere to be seen, "Where is he?"

"He left before sunrise, he never really said anything." Namjoon shrugged, getting up from the floor.

I looked over to see Namjoon cringe at the sight of all the empty alcohol bottles lying around.

"I don't think the hangovers kicked in yet. Give it a few hours and I'll be in hell," Namjoon said as he rubbed his stomach. I couldn't blame him, he looked like he had a rough night.

Everyone eventually woke up with the same aches and pains. I left them to it, after all, it was their fault.

I was currently sitting back on my chair as I hummed, rocking back and forth, listening to the faint music in the background playing on my record player.

Surely Taehyung would be okay? I was still puzzled about why he left so early. I'll make sure to ask Yoongi later if he's been in contact with him today, so I know he is safe from leaving.

"I'm going to drop Jungkook and Namjoon back home. Will you be okay?" I heard Yoongi shout from the hall.

"I'll be fine, just go!" I yelled back. I heard the door slam shut as I watched them all from my window getting into Yoongi's car.

"What should I do?" I mumbled, looking around.

My eyes scanned along the packed boxes in the corner of my room. I had an urge to listen to what Seokjin said, but a part of me would hate myself for doing it.

This was all that I had left of him.

I moved closer to the boxes as I picked up the smallest one that sat on top of the pile.

One box couldn't hurt?

"Open the box, just open the box," I told myself as my hand shakily ripped off the tape that sealed it.

My eyes peaked inside, I was too overwhelmed to notice everything inside of the box. My eyes were glued to the photo frames that were placed among other items.

I picked up the white frame to see it was the day of our first date together. He took me ice skating which I could never forget. The joys of watching him fall every time he let go of my hand.

I chuckled to myself remembering the day as if it was yesterday.

I truly miss him.