003 | A Breath of Fresh Air

Time passed by the next morning as I sat swinging back and forth watching the storm outside

Time passed by the next morning as I sat swinging back and forth watching the storm outside. The rain showered down hard as I watched everyone slightly jog with their umbrellas.

"Should I really do this?" I asked myself. I felt nauseous even thinking about going outside myself with Taehyung. It was out of my comfort zone.

Taehyung is a great guy, but, I don't know if I could put myself through this.

"Ava, are you not ready yet? Taehyung will be here soon." Yoongi said, staring at his watch from my doorframe.

"I don't think I can go," I mumbled, watching the raindrops spread all over the window. The sky slowly turned darker as a strong lightning bolt lit up the sky.

I sighed again reaching over for my iPad that was to my right, "It'll be good for you, I'm not asking you to marry him. You could do with a friend." Yoongi smiled as he walked into my room and sat on my bed.

"You've come this far. It's good to have someone you know you can count on."

"I can count on you! You're my brother. You'll always be here for me," I protested.

I don't need someone else. If I was bothering them with all of my problems, they wouldn't last a day being my friend.

"Correct but maybe it's time to let someone else into your life." Yoongi tapped on my knee as he stood up, "Just think about it, you have an hour until he arrives."

Yoongi left my room as I turned my attention back towards my window.

An hour.

What do I do?

I closed my eyes out of frustration and opened them, pulling myself up from the chair I sat on.

How bad could it be?

I watched the time go by as I got ready. Before I knew it, an hour had passed by and soon enough I heard the doorbell ring.

"I can't do this," I backed away from my bedroom door, " I can't go." I shakily sat back on my chair. "Hobi, what do I do?" I asked as my voice cracked. I stared at the boxes that were surrounding the right corner of my room as my bedroom door began to open.

"Are you decent?" Yoongi asked, covering his eyes.

I hummed in response as I watched him slowly take his hands away from his face.

"He's here. Are you going?"

I shook my head, "it doesn't feel right, I can't."

Yoongi's smile soon turned into a frown as I fought the urge to cry. His face was back, the face that I was haunted by, the face of disappointment.

"For me, please go." He began to beg, "I'm going out with Namjoon, I don't want you here by yourself."

I shook my head, "I'll be fine by myself," I disagreed.

"So the last time I left you home, you were safe? When I came back home to find you on the bathroom floor passed out?" Yoongi argued, "You're lucky that I found you on time, you know what the doctor said, Ava."

The pain in my heart stuck. My chest ached.

"Fine. I'll go." I said getting up, "I suppose I can't keep him waiting any longer." I grabbed my bag from the side of my bed and walked past Yoongi to hear him sigh in relief.

I walked downstairs to spot Taehyung sitting on the sofa chair waiting, watching the news that was airing.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

He nodded and got up, "You look nice, I hope the weather won't ruin the day for you." Taehyung chuckled while opening the door for us. "Not at all," I said, walking out of the house.

"Have fun!" Yoongi shouted from the door waving towards us.

I waved back grabbing onto my bag tighter. What was I doing?

I looked towards Taehyung as he got into the car, I reached for the door and quickly got in, making sure to fix my hair as soon as the door closed.

"So, where to?" I asked.

"I was going to take you to the lake and out for ice cream, but since the weather disagreed, how about we go to the new bowling place that just opened?" He offered.

"Sounds fun."

It never took us long at all for us to reach our destination. The rain stayed the same as high winds now occurred. It was a mission to get out of Taehyung's car without getting slapped in the face by the strong winds.

"We should have brought an umbrella," Taehyung's face turned apologetic as I shook my head.

"It's fine, we are going indoors anyway."

When we reached the entrance, Taehyung spoke to the man behind the counter and paid for us both.

"Here are your shoes, now are you ready?" Taehyung smirked.

"Just to warn you, I'm a pro at this," I chuckled.

Yoongi was right all along. I was starting to enjoy myself. For the first time in a year, I finally smiled.

"Let's go, I can't wait to beat your ass at this!" I said, pulling Taehyung towards our area. We were soon met with bouncing music as everyone sat in their booths watching their family and friends play.

Taehyung put our names on the board, showing I was the one to start the game, "Ladies first." He smiled while sitting down.

I looked over to my right to see the balls stacked up ready to go, "I hope you aren't a bad loser!"