016 | The Secret

We spent days upon days with each other

We spent days upon days with each other. It was crazy. He was the second boy ever to make me feel again.

He was driving me insane. I wanted to be with him all the time, 24 hours a day.

I was starting to feel normal again.

Today, everyone decided to visit the lake. We were all sitting around the two benches watching the sunset.

"So what's everyone's plan for tomorrow?" I asked.

"Not sure yet. Probably boring work-related stuff." Jungkook sighed.

I looked toward Taehyung as he stayed silent. It was weird. Over the past few days, whenever I asked him what his plans were, he would instantly go quiet.

Suddenly his phone rings as he stands up, "I've got to take this, I'll be back."

He walked away from us as I got up to sit beside Jimin until he came back.

"How have things been?" He asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Life is getting better." I nodded, "It's getting much better."

Jimin grinned, "I'm just happy you're happy. That's all I've wanted ever since everything happened. I'm glad you're finding yourself again."

I hugged him as he patted my back. "Don't forget I'm always here for you, no matter where you are in the world."

I frowned as I was about to question what he meant but before I could Taehyung came back.

"Sorry, it was just my dad." He said, sitting back down. Taehyung looked up towards everyone, as they all had their eyes on him.

He shook his head, "Nothing to worry about."

I heard Yoongi sigh and looked towards the lake.

"Want to talk around it again and head home?" I asked.

The temperature was dropping and me being me I forgot to bring a jacket with me.

"Sure." Yoongi nodded. Everyone got up from the benches and split up saying their goodbyes.

It was only Yoongi and Taehyung walking with me now.

I had a strange feeling everyone was hiding something from me. Yoongi kept glancing over towards Taehyung as I tried my best not to make it obvious that I can see what they were both doing.

What were they hiding?

Once we got back, I went upstairs to get my pyjamas on. I planned to have a movie night with them both and try to get this secret out of them. I was too nosey, I wanted to know.

As I tied my hair up, I got changed out of my clothes and put on a matching pair of pyjamas. I opened my door again to hear Yoongi talking.

I was debating on whether I should go down or stay quiet.

"You need to tell her. Are you sure you need to go this soon?" Yoongi whispered.

"I just don't know how to tell her. I'm next to take over his business, I have to get trained for it, I have to leave."

Leave?

He's leaving?

I raced downstairs with my heart in my mouth, praying that whatever I heard was just jokes.

"What do you mean, you're leaving?" My voice raised as I tried to stay calm.

"Ava, just let him explain before getting angry!" Yoongi sighed.

"No! Stay out of this Yoongi. When? When were you going to tell me? Hm? An hour before? When you were sitting on the fucking plane?"

Taehyung held his head down, refusing to look me in the eyes. A laugh escaped my mouth as I shook my head, "You weren't going to tell me... were you?"

Taehyung lifted his head as he walked closer to me. "I was. I promise you, I was going to tell you. I'm so behind on everything. I was only here for a break but then I bumped into you again and I was supposed to go back days ago but I couldn't let you go. I didn't want to upset you."

"Upset me? Don't you think I had a right to know? You can't just disappear!" I yelled.

"Ava, calm down!" Yoongi stepped into the conversation as I turned to him.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down!"

"No listen, Ava, I need to tell you-"

"No, Taehyung. Whatever you've got to say to me, I'm not interested anymore. I can't take any secrets, especially this." I stepped back, giving up.

"When do you have to go?" I sighed, feeling myself let go. I no longer wanted to be angry at him. I was just angry at myself for trying to love again.

"Tomorrow."

"Well, you better go and pack your bags. You've got a plane to catch."