Chapter 6 - Drive Or Fly

Ava

I gaped at Ace in disbelief.

Did I just hear that right? Please tell me no.

If I didn't, nothing justified his actions — absolutely nothing.

"What the heck did you kidnap Simon for?" I exclaimed in a low tone, still with a smile to maintain our image in front of the guests around us.

He rolled his eyes and deadpanned, "As I said, no one messes up my wedding. What if he interrupted our peaceful wedding? You know, I hate messes."

"Just because you hate messes doesn't mean you can prevent them. You have to clean this new mess. If it isn't already obvious by my reaction, this is absolutely no way to deal with Simon," I explained to him. "He must have hundreds of questions."

"Which I don't even want to answer," he added to my sentence in a bored tone. "Even his noodle-like hair is annoying," he muttered under his breath.

I narrowed my eyes in his direction. "Noodle-like hair? You do realize I have curly hair too?" Though mine was a lot wavier than curly.

Ace cringed. "Please don't compare your hair with his. Your hair looks perfect on you. Any type would, to be honest. Maybe it's just Simon's face, which is annoying," he added a little thoughtfully.

"Stop diverting me from the topic, Ace." I huffed in annoyance, and he shrugged. Realizing where we were again, I composed myself and whispered to him, "You never mentioned that you hated Simon before."

"I just didn't say anything because I thought you were happy," he responded curtly, and met my gaze. "But after learning what he did, my last string of patience just broke, Ava."

I shook my head with a sigh and smiled when I saw Dad approaching us. "Be happy," I mumbled to Ace.

"Are you blessing me?" he deadpanned. When I glanced at him, he spelled out, "That's called act happy. Be happy sounds like you are blessing me." He smiled too while looking in my dad's direction.

"Damn, you are great at finding mistakes as usual, which is why I said that intentionally," I said, suppressing my grin, which made him want to shoot me an annoyed glare, but he couldn't.

"And you are annoying, as usual, Mrs. Valentino."

"It will take a long time for me to get used to this title," I told him.

Ace entwined our hands and said, "Valentino is way cooler than Rainstorm. Do you even realize it's the combination of rain and storm? That just sounds ominous."

"Oh, wow, you are so smart," I said sarcastically.

"Kids," Dad interrupted us. He had a bright smile on his face. He was definitely happier since I got married to Ace. "Glad you guys look happy. You really are made for each other. You know, I always wanted you two to be a thing. Fortunately, you two realized the spark of love in time before it was too late. I was really worried for a while."

"Are you saying you didn't like Simon as well?" I arched an eyebrow.

When Dad averted his gaze, Ace stood for Dad and said, "No one actually liked him. We all tolerated him for you."

Wow! Here I thought I was making Dad happy by agreeing to marry Simon. So much for that.

"You guys should've told me before." I put my hands on my hips.

"Well, sweetie, all's well that ends well," Dad announced. "Now you guys better leave. I will handle this boring reception party."

"We can stay, Ro—"