Chapter 30 - Celebration Or Not

Ava

"Ava, you still with us?" Aunt Chloe waved her hand at me, and I snapped out of my trance.

"Thank you," I managed to breathe out. I was stunned for a whole minute there. I glanced at Ace and asked a little accusingly, "You had no emergency work, did you?"

He smiled at me. "Yes, I had the emergency work of bringing Ava home before the clock struck twelve so that she could celebrate it with her family."

And here I thought he returned early because of work. Seriously, come what may, I was his first priority, and I would never question it again. He knew I would be sad if I didn't spend my birthday with them. Excluding the condition, I had become so close to all of them that now I couldn't imagine my life without them.

"I know you didn't wanna return from Paris so soon, but I promise, we will go for a long vacation during our first wedding anniversary. We will have a complete tour of France," he assured me.

Even after giving such a thoughtful surprise, he was still looking for ways to assure me and make me feel better.

"Ava, can you please cut the cake quickly? I'm literally craving it so bad right now," Liliana said, glancing at the delicious-looking chocolate cake.

"What are we waiting for? Ava, come, let's cut the cake!" Emma chirped in and pulled me towards the table where there were beautiful candles.

'Happy twenty-fifth, Ava!' was written on the cake.

Luna urged, "Make a wish!"

I chuckled at all of their excitement and brought my lips closer to the candles to blow them before closing my eyes.

I am blessed to have this family, and I want is for them all to stay together and happy forever. This is all I wish for.

After that, everyone clapped and I cut a piece of cake and fed Ace at first. He took a piece and fed me as well. But then, he smeared some cream of the cake on my cheek.

"My pretty face! If I get a pimple, Ace, I am going to strangle you to death," I warned and wiped the cream from my cheek.

"Oh, right, I am so sorry, baby," he said innocently, but I knew he didn't mean it at all. He was mocking me. Just because he thought pimples didn't change my beauty didn't mean I liked having them.

"Ace, you ar—"

"Can you guys please argue later? Or you know what, continue. Just give me the knife," Liliana said and took the plastic knife from my hand to cut a big slice for herself.

Emma laughed and said, "Pregnancy hormones are making Lily shameless."

"What's there to feel shameful? It's my sister-in-law's birthday cake, so of course, my baby and I have a right over it," Liliana replied with a mouthful of cake. "Oh, God, this is so good," she mumbled blissfully.

I decided to leave arguing with Ace and took the knife from Liliana to cut another slice to feed the others. This was the first time I had so many people to feed cake to on my birthday, and it was unbelievable that all of them adored and loved me so much.

"Since the cake cutting session is done, let me inform you, Ava. Tomorrow, there's a huge party here in your honor as you should know by now that it's a family tradition to have a birthday party for each family member," Grandpa stated aloud.

"Yes, I know, Grandpa. Thank you so much for it," I replied with a grateful smile.

"And unless we all want to look like pandas, having dark circles, we all really should head to bed," Luna said, making me gasp.