||1||

Ten years later_
17 years old_

"Here," my partner, code named: Winter Soldier, tossed a notebook and pen down in front of me, "you were muttering in your sleep again."

"My ability was giving me a hard time," I muttered before looking to him, "anyway, it's about time right?"

"Yes," he pulled his mask on, "let's go, n/n. Job isn't going to do itself."

Grabbing the notebook and pen, I opened it and moved to the window.

"What do you want to know then?" I asked, "the results?"

He nodded.

Spinning the pen across the top of my fingers, I clicked the top and let my ability control my hand.

Dozens of images flashed through my head quickly. I filtered through them, watching the worst case. The slightly better. The better. And the best case all over and over.

"Here," I passed him the book and leaned against the wall, glancing out the window and watching the people pass by.

"Everything will go according to plan," was all I got in response before the sound of the book snapping shut sounded, "gear up. Its time to go."

"Give me three minutes," I turned to head to the half of the room that'd been covered by a dark sheet pinned to the ceiling and top of the walls.

"You have two," he called.

Two minutes. Jeez.

Quickly changing, I got into my black ACU trousers that had straps on my thighs that I slipped two knives in (one on both leg), then I pulled on my boots quickly checking that the bladed toe was still functioning properly before shutting it back into the sole. After I switched out my f/c civilian shirt for a black vest top which I then pulled a black slightly tight long sleeved shirt over, not before I'd pulled on my plated fingerless gloves.

I grabbed my harness and put it on before putting two M1911 pistols into the holsters. I then quickly put a belt around my waist with throwing knives in before pulling a long but light material trench coat on over the top.

Walking back out of the room, I grabbed my Barrett M82A1M and slung it over my shoulder before looking to my partner who had picked up his own weapon and was fixing it in place.

He pulled out a phone.

"The target is getting close to our attack point," Winter Soldier announced.

"Let's go then," I nodded before grabbing my black fox mask and securing it to my face, "for Hydra."

".. For Hydra," he nodded.

We ran out the building we'd been camping out in and took down the streets.

"See you on the flip side," I told him, he nodded and we bumped fists quickly before splitting up.

I continued down the street, heading for the largest building looking over and headed up to the roof.

My partner went straight for the road.

I went unnoticed until the lift in the building I was in was stopped half way up to the top floor.

On the other side of the doors was an older man, hair had gone grey and he looked like he had one foot in the retirement home already.