||6||

Later in the day_

3rd Person PoV

In S.H.I.E.L.D Pierce was making his presentation to the members of the World Security Council. Sipping champagne and happily living his life like he had zero worries in this world.

"Attention all agents, this is Steve Rogers," a voice came over the sound system causing the man to pause mid sip, "you've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth."

There was a pause.

"S.H.I.E.L.D is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by Hydra," Rogers continued, "Alexander Pierce is their leader."

The four visitors with Pierce turned to him as he paced slowly around the room.

"The S.T.R.I.K.E and Insight crew are Hydra as well," the announcement continued across the buildings speakers, "I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control."

Everyone listening to the broadcast, all around the grounds, glanced around them. Looking at the people stood near to them and at a distance. Clearly unsure with each other now. Right fully so.

"They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there," Rogers continued, "if you launch those helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high. It always has been."

"And its a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not," Rogers finished his speech, unknowing that the inner battle had already begun, starting with the deaths of two guards down on the lower helicarriers level.

And in the room with Pierce, agents marched in.

"You smug son of a bitch," one of the Council members, Singh, looked to Pierce before looking to the agents, "arrest him."

"I guess I've got the floor," Pierce stated smugly as the council member stared down the barrel of a gun.

All of them not knowing the shoot out taking place in the control centre and all around the building, many agents of both S.H.I.E.L.D and Hydra being killed through the battle.

Meanwhile, on the launch deck outside the building.

"Hey, cap, how do we figure the good guys out from the bad?" Sam asked as he fired up his wings.

"If they're shooting at you they're bad," was all he got in response from Rogers before they both jumped down to a lower deck, Sam flying through the air while Rogers took to the ground.

Rogers sprinted forward, effortlessly blocking a rally of bullets flying towards him with his shield as he took towards the supply boxes, rolling over the tops of some and swinging around others in a flashy but perfect dance.

Around one, he met a soldier, gun up ready to shoot. One smack across the face caught the man off guard allowing for Rogers to pin him against a crate and knock him out in one swift movement.

He picked a grenade off the man and sent it rolling back towards the shooters behind him.

The explosion took out three approaching soldiers.

"Cap," Sam spoke across their earpieces, "I found those bad guys you were talking about."

"You okay?" Rogers asked, glancing back to check he was still clear.

"I'm not dead yet," was the slightly humerous response he got over the loud constant booming of the cannons(?) being shot at the flying man.

While all this was happening, from higher in the building, Pierce was watching. An annoyed look crossed his face as he turned to the council.

"Let me ask you a question," Pierce started, "what if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution."

He'd, once again, picked up his glass of champagne, this time offering it to one of the members.

"And you could just stop it. With a flick of the switch," he continued on, "wouldn't you?"

He then looked around the people in front of him.

"Wouldn't you all?" he asked.

"Not if it was your switch," Singh responded, throwing the glass he'd accepted to the side, it shattering filled the room.

Pierce let out a small chuckle before he was handed a gun by one of the agents in the room.

He raised it up, ready to shoot, however, a woman stood not all that far away from Singh quickly kicked him out of the guns line and then launched forward.

She punched Pierce in the face and threw a electric disk (don't actually know what those things are so feel free to correct me) to one agent, throwing the gun in Pierce's hand to another and taking out the final three with martial arts.

She now had a gun in her hand and trained it on Pierce.

One poke to the side of her head and the image of her face flickered and revealed that she was, in fact, Natasha Romanoff.

"I'm sorry," Romanoff apologised, pulling the wig off, "did I step on your moment?"

(absolute queen 👑)