||27||

Gotta mentally prepare myself for the crap ton of writing ima have to do in this chapter

°🕰️°

3rd Person PoV

Running out towards the helicopter, Steve got ready to get on but quickly stopped when it was promptly fried by some kind of electric weapon.

Looking up, he saw Tony flying in his suit along with Rhody not too far behind him.

They both landed on the ground not too far away from Steve.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony joked sarcastically as the head of his suit collapsed back and he looked to Rhody, "don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely," Rhody agreed, going along with Tony's joke.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve spoke up, the two looked over to him, "that doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

Suddenly someone jumping over to them caught Steve's attention, he looked over to see the Black Pantha, T'Challa.

"Captain," T'Challa greeted him.

"Your highness," Steve nodded to him.

"Anyway," Tony started to walk around, "Ross gave me thirty six hours to bring you in and around the same amount to find y/n again. The longer we play cat and mouse here, the less time I have to locate the girl. This was all twenty four hours ago, so, can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve told Tony.

"Your judgement is askew," Tony fired back as he stopped his small wander, "your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve argued, "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve," a voice called, Steve turned quickly to see Natasha approaching from behind him, "you know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

Steve looked forward to Tony again.

"Alright. I've run out of patience," Tony sighed, "Underoos!"

Suddenly, a web being shot down and latching onto Steve's shield caught everyone's attention as a guy in a red suit came flipping over the top of them, using the momentum to pull the shield from Steve's arm and onto his own, also making sure to shoot a web at Steve's hands, tying them together.

Spiderman, or as y/n and Tony knew him well from y/n's research, Peter Parker.

He landed in a cool fashion on top of one of the airport vehicles.

"Nice job, kid," Tony praised Peter.

"Thanks," Peter replied before beginning to ramble, "well I could've stuck the landing a little better, it's just, you know, new suit. It's nothing, Mr Stark, i-its perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation," Tony turned to him, trying to stop the boys rambling.

"Cap-Captain," Peter awkwardly saluted the man he just stole the shield from who was just stood looking at Peter in slight awe, "big fan. I'm spiderman."

"Yeah. We'll talk about it later," Tony told him as Peter did an awkward wave and said 'hey everyone', "Good job."

"You've been busy," Steve commented.

"And you've been a complete idiot," Tony retorted, "dragging in Clint. 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep-"

He paused and sighed as he tried to calm himself.

"I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart," he finished.

"You did that when you signed," Steve let out a small sigh.

"Alright. We're done," Tony shook his head, annoyed, "You're going to turn Barnes over, you're going to come with us now because it's us or a squad of JSOC guys with no compunction about being impolite."

"We found it," Sam's voice came across Steve's earpiece, "their quinjets in hangar five. North runway."

Steve, now done with distracting the group, raised his tied up hands and waited as Clint shot an arrow, tearing the webs and freeing his hands again.

Tony made his helmet return and looked behind him.

"Alright, Lang," Steve said as Peter noticed something crawling on the shield.

"Guys something-" he tried to speak before the small thing grew and stole the shield back from him, kicking him back in the process.

Scott flipped back with the shield and returned it to Steve.

"Whoa-- what the-what the hell was that?" Rhody asked in confusion.

"Oh great," Tony let out an irritated grumble before scanning the area, "Alright, there are two on the parking deck. One of them is Maximoff, I'm going to go grab her. Rhody, you want to take Cap?"

He flew up into the air, Rhody not too far behind him.

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes," Rhody announced.

"Barnes is mine!" T'Challa announced before running off in the direction Rhody had stated, Steve took the moment of role announcement between the team to throw his shield, smacking Rhody and causing him to loose a bit of flight before catching himself again.

"Hey, Mr Stark, what should I do?" Peter asked.

"What we discussed," Tony's voice came across the comms, "keep your distance, web them up."

"OK," Peter shot his webs up and pulled himself into the air, "copy that."

(changed my mind, I really don't want to write the fighting scene especially because y/n doesn't need to be integrated into it so you guys can just watch it if you really want to know what's going on)

Meanwhile, in Siberia Zemo had returned to overseeing y/n's reset was looking at y/n, now thrown in a very quickly set up cell deep in an old mine in one of the mountains near by that he'd discovered after a long time of blueprint searching.

"You know, you keep calling for Tony Stark but-" he looked to the h/c haired girl who was exhaustedly and weakly looking up at her, "-he's forgotten all about you. Too busy fighting amongst themselves it seems. He doesn't care about you, none of them do. The only people who actually care about you is me, well, Hydra did too I suppose which is why your dea-- uh-- presence here is important."

Zemo crouched down in front of y/n and grabbed her face forcing her forward.

"Hydra was the only thing that cared about you," he said, "they're no longer a thing but they will forever be the only ones who'd come back for you. It doesn't matter if you make mistakes or escape. They'd always take you back because they were the only ones to really care about you. You're Hydra. I suppose you not cared about anyone with Hydra not existing anymore."

Y/n frowned. She knew that wasn't true. Hydra wouldn't hesitate to kill someone if they thought they were compromised or likely to give away the secrets of the group. They didn't care about her but deep down she was scared that Tony really had abandoned her.

"You've had fun this past year," Zemo continued, throwing y/n to the side and standing up again, "but unfortunately for you, it meant nothing to those you were with. You're alone now just accept it. I'll let that sit. Enjoy your isolation. Feel free to shout when you're done stirring."

He turned and left the room, the door slamming shut heavily as he did.

"I'm certain he'll be here soon... Let's hope she's ready by then," Zemo muttered as he turned to the central room again, going to watch the security cameras.